Chapter Twelve- Pain

"Wake up, wake up, River it's okay, wake up!"

"Zach?"

"River, it's okay, it's me Ranger."

I look around the truck and outside and notice we are stopped on the start of a dirt road.

"Let me guess, I was having a nightmare?"

"Yeah, yeah you were.... who's Zach?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

He breathes heavily before saying "look, at the end of this road is our destination."

"If I am being honest, I don't fully know what's going to happen."

I look out the window and the only thing that floods my mind is what Carter said "be brave"

"Lets just get it over with"

Ranger starts to drive and we stop at a large village with what looks like a mansion at the end of it.

Five wolves appear but stay back from us, I assume we are just short of their territory line.

Ranger and I get out of the car and he grabs my arm once again and says to the wolves "tell him I have her."

One of the wolves comes as close as he can to me without crossing the boarder and I see him look at Ranger.

Ranger looks at me then says "he said he knows you."

"I don't know him."

The wolf starts to back off then stops and tries to pounce at me, but is stopped by one of the other wolves.

Ranger looks at me and I hear a voice say "he says your a werewolf, your Zach's little pet."

I look to where the voice is coming from and it is the one person I hoped I would never see again.... Jasper.

I try to start running away but I'm stopped by Rangers forceful grip.

"Ranger no, they are rogues working with Daniels pack, they will kill me!"

Ranger is about to speak when Jasper says "Ranger remember our little agreement?"

Ranger gives one simple nod then throws me to the ground. He ties my hands behind my back with rope then stands me back up.

"Ranger No!" "You can't do this, no please."

Ranger stays silent and starts pulling me into their territory.

"I hate you Ranger, I hope I never see you again, ahhhhh!"

I can't help but just start screaming as I know now what is going to happen.

It's one thing with my dad, or Daniel being there, but no, it's Jasper and the rogues, ruthless people that will do terrible things to people, and even worse things to Luna's.

One of the rogues, gag me so I'll stop screaming as we walk through the village. People stand in their doorways, some clueless, some scared, others seeking revenge in the wrong places.

We make it to the mansion where they take me down to the lowest floor which seems to be a dungeon. They untie me and throw me into a cell.

Ranger, Jasper, and jaspers guards all stand there until Jasper says "take Ranger to see the new agreement, I have some business to handle."

Everyone but Jasper leaves and he enters my cell.

I stand up trying to seem my strongest, as he charges towards me.