Chapter Thirteen- Strength

Rivers Pov:

"Wake up pet" Jaspers raspy voice wakes me up from my peaceful sleep.

He walks into the cell and grabs my hair and starts to pull me towards the door to the stairs. He pulls me up each flight of stairs until we arrive at the main floor.

He pushes me to the ground then walks away to talk to a group of men. Once they are done talking he walks back over and says "one of my men will bring you outside to join me, until then, don't go anywhere."

I lay there kind of in between blacking out and staying awake.

A man finally comes over to me and says "stand."

I use all my strength to stand and he says "follow me."

He opens the mansion doors and starts to walk out, immediately as I walk out I see a lot of people. Many of them are on their knees while there are guards everywhere watching them.

I see Jasper in front of them all, and I guess that's where we are going.

The man tells me to stop a few feet behind Jasper then says "he will tell you what to do next."

The man walks away and Jasper starts to talk to all the people.

"Fellow Rogues, Pack members, and our new prisoners, we are gathered here today to show you truly how defeated they are in this war."

"Bring him forward"

The people right in front of Jasper move aside as they bring someone with a bag over his head, forward.

Jasper says "take it off of him."

The men do and I can't believe my eyes... the one person I wanted safe... my mate.

Zach stands tall with his arms tied behind his back.

Jasper shouts "kneel"

Zach stays put and says "I don't kneel to people like you."

Jasper lets out a laugh and says "I wasn't talking to you."

The man pushes me out into view beside Jasper.

My mate stares at me in complete aw, at the fact of how injured I am.

"Kneel"

I stare at Zach for a moment then I look at Jasper.

Jasper puts his hand up like he's about to hit me and my body just instantly falls to my knees.

I stare at the ground wishing I could stand up, but my body won't let me.

"See even your Luna bows to me."

I look back up and Zach's eyes never leave mine.

"Zach....I'm sorr...." before I can finish my sentence Jasper stops me by punching me so that I hit the ground.

I look up to see Zach, Carter, Noah, Vix, and even Ranger, screaming, yelling and trying to fight.