Chapter Ten- Sacrifices

I run to the door but stop short to wait for Carter to turn off the alarm.

He finally turns it off and I bolt out the door.

As I breathe in the forest air I realize we have to be deep into a forest.

Right in front of the house is a large pond with a diving board and a small water slide.

A giant smile fills my face as I turn around to look at Carter and Vix.

They are both leaned up against the front of their car.

"What do you think?" Carter asks

"It's great." I say happy about it, but at the same time I need my mate.

I walk over to the car where I push the seat forward and hop into the back seat.

Carter gets into the drivers seat and Vix gets into the passengers seat.

Carter looks at me and says "how fast you wanna go?" With a smirk on his face.

I throw on my seatbelt and shout "lets see what this babies got!"

Carter revs the engine then seconds later we take off down the dirt road.

"Woohooo, yeah!" Vix yells out

We get to the main road and we start to head to the store.

We get to the store about ten minutes later and we start to get all the basic necessities.

Carter and Vix start to play fight over which cereal is the best so I decide to go to the next isle.

"Guys I'm going to the next isle" I yell out before getting there.

"Okay" they say in unison, probably not even realizing what I said.

I start looking at the food in the next isle before I hear someone close to me say "I know you."

I turn around to see a middle aged man,

"Uh no."

"Yeah" he continues, "I definitely know you."'

I shake my head, "no you must be mistaken sir."

I start to walk away when he grabs my arm.

"Your with a pack aren't you?" He whispers

"I have no idea what you are talking about, I am human and will never be a wolf."

"I never said anything about being a wolf."

My heart starts to beat even more as his grip on my arm tightens.

"Let me go." I say as strong willed as I can.

"No, your coming with me girl."

He starts to pull me until I hit him square in the face.

He grabs both of my arms in a death grip and looks right at me.

"I know both of your hound dogs are in the isle beside us, if you scream or fight me, or alert them in anyway, I will kill them both."

"Do you understand me?" He says this in a cold but forceful tone and I can't help but just nod.

How did this guy find me, or even know it was me?

He starts pulling me again and I focus as hard as I can to mind like someone, anyone.

"Carter, Vix, Zach, someone please help me."

We are about to exit the doors at the front of the building when I hear a low growl.