Chapter Nineteen- Old faces

The sound of coughing draws me out of my peaceful sleep and I see Zach in the corner of the room kneeling.

I run over to him and put my hand on his back.

He slightly turns his body and tightly grabs my wrist.

His eyes meet mine and they are black.

He closes them and opens them up again and they return to their normal color.

I breathe out a sigh of relief as I wait for his next move.

He loosens his grip on my wrist then stands up and pulls me into him.

"We need to leave."

He lets go of me then starts running around the room grabbing things from each compartment.

He puts down a backpack, some clothes, a hoodie, and a pair of boots onto the bed.

"Get ready, I'll be right back."

He says this as he leaves the room.

I can't help but start to think about how my Zach would say something or do something other than, okay I'll be right back...

There's no time though, if we need to leave then so be it, I have at least part of my Zach right now, I won't lose him again.

I quickly change into the clothes and open the backpack.

There is food, medical supplies, extra clothes, everything you could need in an emergency kit.

He comes back in, in a panic and grabs my hand.

We sprint out of the door and into a long bright white hallway.

I hear doors opening behind us as Zach opens doors in front of us.

After a few more doors we arrive in a big room that looks like a storage area and a bigger gate at the end of it.

Zach pulls me over to it and I see a face appear on the other side.

"Daniel?"

Daniel smiles for only a second before frantically trying to open the door.

He goes from keypad to lever punching in codes and such, but nothing happens.

"What's the problem?" Zach growls out

Daniels head pops up as he says "the last lever is on your side."

Zach looks back and forth from me to Daniel before sprinting towards the other side of the room.

Just as he gets there and flips the switch I see Noah, Wes, and a few other people entering the last door to the room.

Zach sprints back as the gate slowly comes up.

Zach is in the center of the room when I see Noah come sprinting at Zach from his side.

Zach doesn't see him, I make my way towards them and catch Noah off guard.

I push over a large shelf causing boxes to fall towards him.

He halts to a stop giving Zach enough time to grab my hand and pull me to the gate.

The gate is only up enough that we could maybe crawl under it.

Zach rips my backpack off me so I can fit under but I hear a noise from behind us.

*click*

I turn around to see Wes aiming a gun at us.

"I can't let them have you." He says staring at Zach

Zach moves his body in front of mine and says "you don't have to do this."