Chapter Seventeen- Love+War

When my eyes reopen I wake up to Kent outside of the car on my side, unbuckling me.

He helps me out and I look up to see a restaurant.

He grabs my hand and pulls me into the building.

The waiter sits us at a booth and Kent and I sit down.

The waiter asks if we need to look at the menu, or if we are ready.

I am about to pick up the menu when Kent grabs them both on the table and hands them to our waiter.

"Two Sprites, One Large Two topping pizza with bacon and ham, as well as some mozzarella sticks sir."

Kent blurts it all out and leaves the waiter slightly in awe.

The waiter nods and writes it down before leaving to the kitchen.

I can feel my hands start to shake again and Kent sees it too. He holds my hands in his large ones as he stares into my eyes.

I don't even try to pull my hands out because of how weak I feel.

I look at Kent and ask "can you read my mind all of the time?"

He rubs the back of my hand with his thumbs as he says "no."

"It's not all the time, it's mainly when you are emotional."

I give a slight chuckle and mumble "it must be all the time then."

He smiles and says "you have a right to be emotional, it's been a rollercoaster for you."

I hear the waiter walk over with our food and so Kent lets go of my hands.

The waiter puts everything down and we start to eat.

I take a bite and instantly fall in love with the food.

Once we are all done the waiter takes our plates and Kent is sitting there with a big grin on his face.

"What?" I ask

"We would always eat this when we came here, it was your favorite."

"Also, the reason you shake like that, is because you need to eat."

"See, your not shaking now."

I look down and realize what he said is true.

I feel so content when I'm with Kent. Like he doesn't yell at me or is accidentally violent with me. He's super gentle and understanding.

I close my eyes and open them back up, "I'm going to go to the bathroom."

Kent nods as I hurry to the bathroom.

I have to stop, Zach is my mate, not Kent.

I open the door and the light doesn't turn on until I walk in.

Must be one of those new fancy motion sensor lights.

I turn on the faucet and put my face down by the sink as I splash water into my face.

The light turns off and a sigh comes out of my mouth along with "I take back the fancy part."

I reach around and find the faucet and turn it off.

I take a step back and the light kicks back on.

I look at the mirror and my body jumps as I see a masked man standing behind me.

As a scream threatens to leave my mouth, he plants his hand over my mouth and turns me around while pushing me into the wall.

I now have my back against the brick wall with one of the mans hands over my mouth, while the other hand is pinning my arm against the wall.