Chapter Five- Battle

We enter our territory and are greeted by four wolves who are standing there waiting. Carter doesn't stop until we get to the house. Once we are there, Carter lays down and lets me off of him. Zach comes running over from inside the house with shorts on already.

We basically plow into each other and I can't help but cry.

"Baby, it's okay, it's over" he repeats to me till I calm down.

He picks me up and carries me to our room.

We both sit on the bed and he starts to talk.

"I'm sorry about leaving you. I thought you would be safe."

"Rogues were attacking our pack and they killed a family before I could get there."

"They were by our house so I figured you would be safest we're I left you.... I'm sorry."

I pull him into a hug and I say "Zach, I'm fine."

"The alpha was very nice to me...." I don't realize it but I mumble "the other guy wasn't" as I grip my neck.

Zach pulls my hands down and starts frantically looking at my throat while low growling. He turns me around and moves my hair so he can see my neck and lets out the loudest growl I've ever heard. The loud growl makes me jump and I turn around.

His eyes turn a dark blue as he says "who did that?"

"Calm down Zach!" I whine out.

In a much louder alpha tone he yells "who did that?"

I let out a whine and mumble.... h....his....his name.... was Jasper.

He lets out another loud growl and his eyes go black, he runs towards the balcony and jumps off. I run to the railing and yell out "Zach" but he pays no attention to it.

I jump back into my bed and put my head into the pillow. He's going to get himself killed or start a war over some idiot with rage. I love him but I'd rather have him by my side then go on a rage mission. I fall asleep soon after wishing for my mate to be here.

A loud bang awakens me which causes me to let out a small scream.

Seconds later the door flies open and a man is standing there with first anger, then relief on his face.

I back up in fear of who this is until the man says "I'm sorry I scared you Luna, I thought something was wrong."

While putting his hand out he says "My name is Jackson, I'm the other wolf that was running with you guys."

While shaking his hand I say "No, I'm sorry, I should have met the pack so I can know you all."

He only nods then says "it was nice to meet you" as he leaves the room starting to close the door again.

"Wait" I shout with him turning around in wonder.

"Where did Zach go?"

He thinks about what to say for a second then says "that was the bang."

"Thanks Jackson" comes out my mouth as he leaves closing the door. I sit on the bed watching the door, waiting for Zach.

Minutes later I hear yelling downstairs and I go to the door. I open it and Jackson is standing there, facing away from the door towards the stairs.

He turns around and I start to walk towards him but he says "you shouldn't go down there."

"He's my mate, Jackson."