Chapter Seven- Shift

I feel myself shifting, but how?..... I'm human. My body is in total pain until I shift completely.

When I do, I look down and from what I can see I have snow white fur. I look up to see Zach and Carter staring at me in shock.

Now that I look at them though, their wolves are giant compared to mine.
Many questions rush through my mind,
Why don't I have another voice in my head like everyone else?
Why can't I talk to them or hear them?
How am I a werewolf?

Zach takes a step towards me, and that is all it takes to startle me and I take off running. I know he's my mate but the anger that fueled me to shift is making my adrenaline pump through the roof.

I can hear both of them behind me, and eventually I hear more and more loud thumps off their paws behind me. I thought alphas were supposed to be the fastest, but I am definitely outrunning them.

Once I think I lost them for a moment I jump over a giant log and am quickly met by three wolves, this is when I realize where I accidentally made my way to.

"So look what we have here."

"Alpha Daniel is going to love this."

The three wolves are bigger than me, but not nearly as big as Zach or Carter.

They surround me and I start to low growl and nip at the air trying to tell them to back off.

They keep approaching so I do the only thing I can think of.

I yell out for Zach and my wolf howls as loud as possible until one of the wolves gets inches away from me. I nip at him which makes him let out a growl.

I put my head down in surrender and defeat.

One of the wolves goes to bite me but out of the corner of my eye I see Zach flying overtop of me and straight into the wolf. Seconds later Carter, Jackson, and two other wolves show up and start to fight these wolves.

The three wolves quickly retreat and Zach walks over to me. He nuzzles his head into mine and I let out a purr. He leads me back into our territory with everyone else close behind.

Zach comes back over and rubs his body against mine.

"I'm so sorry I made you do this."

I perk my head at him and stare at him wide eyed, how did I just hear him?

He looks at me and tilts his head then says "mind link."

I look at Carter expecting to hear him say something clever but I receive nothing.

Carter lets out a whine and I hear Zach say "you can't hear the others can you?"

My head starts to get overwhelmed, this is too much, I need to shift back to human form.

Zach walks in front of me, inches away, and he says look just imagine yourself as a human again.

I close my eyes and when I open them, I am human.

The pain starts to hit me and I'm screaming out in pain.

This is way worse than the beatings I would get back in the day.

Zach shifts into human form and throws on some shorts.

He carefully puts a t-shirt on me and picks me up.

Carter lays down and Zach climbs onto his back, with me in his arms.

Carter takes off and Zach starts to whisper things like "it's okay" "I'm right here" "I love you."

We arrive at a giant building and when we enter there are nurses and doctors running around busy.

Everyone in the hospital stares at me as I let out a blood curling scream but immediately looks away knowing that I am the Luna.

Zach brings me into the back and he hesitantly lays me onto the bed.

The doctor from before enters and looks over me then takes Zach out of the room into the hallway. A nurse enters and tries to give me an I.V. but I can't hold still because of the pain.

Zach and the Doctor enter the room a moment later and the nurse says "Doctor, we need to restrain her, she can't hold still."

Zach lets out a growl but the doctor calms him by saying "if she doesn't get the fluids, it will make it worse, and none of us want that."

They strap me down and put the I.V. in then the doctor looks at Zach until Zach gives him a nod.

The doctor looks at me and says "River, you are half human, half werewolf."

"It is extremely rare and I have only seen it once before in my sixty-five years of doing this.

"Once you mark Zach, you will be able to hear the entire pack whenever you choose to, through mind link."

"Since Zach marked you, you guys can hear each other."

"You also have a healing factor better than any other wolf."

"If you don't mind me saying, that's why you don't have any scars or bruises anymore from, lets just say before you got here."

"The problem here however though, is that you cannot shift whenever you want."

"Everyone else has a wolf to do it for them, but yours is just triggered by a deep emotion that can't be easily controlled."

"I'm sorry to say, that when you do shift, you will be in excruciating pain like this every time."

"These fluids I have given you in the I.V. is what we use for normal wolves when they are injured, the only problem though, is that it won't heal you as fast as it does the others."

"Although your bruises, cuts, or even normal broken bones heal quicker, shifting wounds, will not."

The doctor looks at Zach and says "We need to put her to sleep for a few hours, so she will heal faster."

Zach nods then says "baby, I'm so sorry."

I mumble out "it's okay, I love you."

He replies with "I love you too baby."

With that, the doctor injects a syringe into my I.V. tube and moments later I feel myself get very tired, until I give into the darkness.