chap:5

"yes I'm hurting yes I'm jaded"
____________________________________________________________
Mel-

phone covo:

"wassup bitch" Nicole said as I answered the phone.  I looked at her my smile growing as her face came into view. she knew I didn't speak much but still loved Facetiming me for some odd reason

"I'm coming over tomorrow morning and we having a dayyyyyyy, okay pooh" she said dragging out the 'y' and looking at me.

 I gave a slight smile and allowed her to ramble about any and everything.

After the phone call ended I was left alone with my thoughts.

I knew exactly why she was coming over. 

In two days it will be the day my parents and sister died. 

It seemed everyone thought this day was gonna be hard for me i mean in a way yes. 

But I think I've become content with it all.

I mean it hurts deep down knowing maybe it would've been different if I just shut the fuck up.

I felt myself getting mad so I just put tv on and watched friends. 

I hated thinking about it all, and I hated how I still blamed myself. 

I soon fell asleep as the thoughts crowded my mind space. 

the morning
Mel-

I woke up early Sunday morning. 

I headed toward my walk-in bathroom and did all my hygiene before walking downstairs. 

I headed towards the kitchen.

Looking at the stove it read 6:30 am.

I was now aware of how early it was and surprisingly I was hungry as hell.

I walked over to the fridge and I got myself the most unhealthy thing I could find. 

My hands landed on a chocolate muffin.

I walked over to the microwave and placed it in the center of it. 

The microwave began a hum and beeped soon after letting me know my muffin was good and warmed. 

Muffin in one hand and a glass of milk in the other I walked over to the front room. 

I placed my goods down on the coffee table and I flopped down on the sofa.

I grabbed the remote that rested in the cup holder to my right and pushed a button making the TV come alive. 

I scrolled the channels before landing on Disney+. 

I started the process over looking for something to watch as my muffin cooled down. 

I decided on Toy Story as it had been a while since I last saw it. 

I relaxed my back on the sofa and began to bite into the warm gooey chocolate-filled muffin. 

My taste buds exploded as I damn near had a heart attack from how good it was. 

Before I could enjoy another bite I heard the chime of the doorbell. 

I huffed slightly getting up from my seat.

I walked backward biting my muffin and watching the TV still. 

Eyes glued to the TV I opened the front door not even checking the peephole first.