chap:18

9 months later
mel-

here we go the biggest moment of my life. I could see trey, khail , nicole, and ray all in the audience smiling.
Today was the big day. I finally did it. I smiled looking up to the sky
"i didn't mama and daddy i did it" i whispered quietly to my self.
so much has become different.
"Melody Mictell please come forward" The school principle called to me.
we shook hands and i walked across the stage. i heard my family yelling my name in excitement.
i did it.
————
"pooh you did you shit" nicole said hugging me as i walked out the stadium with a smile plastered on my face.
All my hard work finally paid off. I graduated high school today. At the 17. I'm going to college in a couple months. I just wanted to live and. be free now.
i was overwhelming happy but once i went home and got ready for bed i was alone. And mean i was okay with it but i mean i wouldn't hurt to have someone, to you know call your own.
i guess it all hit me at once. i truly didn't have any one special.
i truly am alone everyone around me are in a relationship so i couldn't even lean on someone about these. I only came close to that once and that was with d. crazy how i haven't thought about him much. but just one thought made all these feelings rush back.
i missed him, and yes he was a dick sometimes but he was also caring. he would never hurt me.
i pulled out my phone to text him
d😒
me: hey it's mel idk if you remember me still remember but i wanted to check in and see how you are doing.
d😒: bitch bye. my nigga is finnee. no need for u to "check up" 🤣.
re-reading the message i felt a little bit of my heart start to hurt. i don't understand why though.
I knew he was talking to someone. i hated that i allowed my self even fell like he gave a shit. I didn't want to hate him but i don't feel like i deserved this treatment. I understand what i did was fucked up yet, it was a joke and a heartless as nigga like him shouldn't be that effected by it..but maybe it was all just a mind game on me.
fuck it. i tried to open up and "get" over what happened. but when i tried someone still left.
-
mel tossed her phone down feeling defeated, but she couldn't comprehend why.
she knew she had feelings for d even if she tryed to deny it on countless occasions. she just didn't know why it mattered this much, of it clearly didn't matter this much to d.

Meanwhile d was thinking about mel as well. his mind wondered what she was doing. He was there for her graduation but he didn't got up to her, fearing his baby mama would see. he was wanting for the results to come in to see if the baby was even he's.
"wahhahaah" the baby cried loudly as d got up and walked towards the young baby looking down on him. Honestly the kid looked nothing like him, yet d felt such a strong feeling with him.
d feed the child his milk as they walked around the small apartment.
"fuck is you doing on my phone?" d questioned madison
"one of your old hoes texted you" she spat tossing him his phone almost dropping it
d unlocked his phone with face id and saw it was mel. his heart did a slight flutter seeing message but soon went cold seeing what madison said to her.
"who said you could respond to my text?" d turned around waiting for madison to respond
"i did." she said as d twisted his face at her.
"d. if we are to be together as a family hoes can not get in our way"
"only hoes i see in our way is you" d said now beyond pissed
"and mel is isn't a hoe so watch your mouth" d added
"whatever" madison said walking over towards them
"hey son son, ohh you sticky tell our daddy to clean you up" madison said handing the baby back to d
no. they haven't had sex ever since she fell pregnant even tho madison tried to persuade him to.
"how about you clean him" d said giving the baby back to her. "i'm out" d spoke grabbing his coat he left out the door.
he didn't know where he was going but he needed to go. d wondered if mel wanted to start talking again.
as he entered his car he started on his way towards khails place both excitement and nervous feelings moving through out him.
-
soon he reached he destination and got out the door.
trey open the door and dapped d up nothing seeing his friend in a week or so.
the boys and d still keep in heavy contact taking in the fact that they all "worked" together.
"wassup brotha" d said walking over towards their couch.
mel walked downstairs thinking her pizza was her but instead she saw him.

d heard footsteps coming downstairs as he directed his attention towards that direction.
his heart fluttered at the sight of her. he could have sworn she had gotten more beautiful. he hair was in a lose bun and she was wearing sweats. he smiled slightly "wassup mel" d said looking her up and down. she gave him a slight smile and wave
no matter how up set she was she still was happy to see him.
mel heard the door bell ring going to get her pizza
"i'll be right back" trey said running up stairs to take a call
as mel went to the kitchen d follow her
"i missed you too" he said quite cocky but it still some how caused mel to crack a smile
mel turned around dropping her smile "you have a-'' mel started
"no i don't" d cut her off "she just some random girl and i checked her about that it won't happen again" he finished
"come here" he said walking over towards her placing his hands on her face as they kissed for the first time in what felt like forever.
"i missed you too" mel stated smiling hard happy and content
she truly did miss d