Chapter 15

Skip to summer of 5th year:

Daisy's mind was still going on about what had happened the past summer. For the entire school year, she had felt horrible about it. She felt really guilty about Petunia's condition and about the fact that she could not do magic and her two sisters could. She decided to corner Petunia and talk to her like true sisters.

She walked to Petunia's room where Petunia was reading. She walked in without knocking.

"Ever heard of something called knocking?" Petunia muttered, not looking up from her book.

Daisy rolled her eyes.

"Oh, what book are you reading there?" she asked.

"None of your business," Petunia snapped.

"Aw, come on. I only came to make up with you," Daisy said.

Petunia's face softened. But only for a split second.

"No matter what you say, you and your sister are still freaks," she spat, eyes cold and icy again.

"It's not my fault that I can do magic. I'd gladly stay here with you than go to Hogwarts," Daisy replied.

"Well, let's see you prove that then," Petunia said, reclining in her chair, giving Daisy her death stare.

"First of all, the fact that everyone at school is scared of me now. I used to not care. I would read books during class when I was supposed to be taking notes. I strongly disliked going to classes, and would rather curl up and read. Now, because of your request and love for me that has suddenly disappeared, I came out. I thought we were getting revenge, not just me," Daisy said, almost in one breath.

Petunia looked thoughtful.

"Elaborate," she said.

Daisy huffed.

"Vernon would probably be scared of me if he found out that I was magical. Plus, he's not my type. Even if he asked me out, I'd tell him no. I think he'll stick with you no matter what. You haven't noticed the way he looks at you, have you? He looks like a lovebird that's been hit by Cupid's arrow, which, by the way, was watered with Amortentia, the strongest love potion," Daisy said.

Petunia giggled.

"Your magic is strange," she said.

Daisy rolled her eyes.

"The way he looks at me is a strange sort of curious look. Nowhere close to a love-infested stare," Daisy added.

Petunia looked convinced.

"But you'd better be right," she said sternly.

"I'm 100% positive," Daisy said.

Petunia abruptly got up and swung her arms around Daisy in a bone-crushing hug.

"Aw, you don't know how much I missed you, Daisy," she said in a muffled voice.

Daisy took in her scent of lavender and... fruit punch?

"I missed you too, Tuney," Daisy said as clearly as she could.

Finally, Petunia let go of her and gave her a thorough body look over.

"You're doing rather well," Petunia said.

Daisy rolled her eyes again.

After two months at home moping around, it was finally time to go back to Hogwarts. It was their sixth year, and both Daisy and Lily couldn't wait.

After saying goodbye to their parents and Petunia, the two boarded the train and went int separate directions. Daisy found her usual compartment and inside was Mary and Alice. Mary had gotten closer to them during last year, and the three were no best friends.