Chapter 17

Daisy glared at James, hands on her hips.

"May I help you?" James raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. You may," Daisy said. She turned around and saw that the team was behind her, supporting her. Daisy turned back and started talking.

"You need to pull Lily off the team," Daisy said. Lily, who happened to be nearby, glared at Daisy and walked over.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help but overhear, you want to pull me off the team? Are you Quidditch captain?" Lily asked. Daisy sighed. She ignored Lily and turned back to James.

"James...you know perfectly well that Alice or Landon deserved that spot. Definitely not Lily," Daisy said. Lily opened her mouth to protest but the others sent her glares to shut her up. James sighed and ran his hands threw his hair.

"Daisy...Lily is pretty good, we need her," James said. Daisy rolled her eyes.

"Exactly," Lily added, more glares.

"We need her, or you need her?" Daisy asked. James glared.

"Maybe you're just jealous, Daisy," James said. Daisy's eyes flashed dangerously.

"What did you just say?" She asked.

"Maybe you're just jealous," James repeated.

Daisy's fists balled up and she summoned all of her anger. She was about to punch him when someone stepped in front of her.

"Jealous of what, may I ask?" Daisy asked, calming down.

"Well...finally the attention is off you and back on her," James said. Daisy gave him a cold laugh.

"You think the attention seeker is me? Well, then you have the wrong twin, Potter. If Lily was good, I would accept her in no time." Daisy said.

"Daisy. He's not worth it," Alice said softly, death glaring at James. If looks could kill, James would have died twenty times.

Daisy reluctantly put her arm down, teeth still bared.

"You still haven't won. You'll see that Lily's no good," she said, eyes flashing.

"If you don't put Lily down, we won't be there for the match," Kyle said, the others nodding along.

"You don't mean that!" James said, laughing nervously. The others didn't say anything.

James shook his head and walked away, a sense of pride in his heart that they wouldn't be there after the first match against Hufflepuff.

The first match was coming up and James had put together a new team of other people who had tried out. None of them were as good.

The new team was as follows:

Chasers: James Potter (Captain), Sirius Black, Lily Evans

Backup Chaser: None

Keeper: Jayden Vill

Backup Keeper: None

Beaters: Paris Mackintosh and Roman Douglas

Backup Beater: None

Seeker: Taylor Blair

Backup Seeker: None

James was frustrated. He had no backups, which meant that the Hufflepuffs were most likely to try to injure any of the players because there weren't any backups. Especially for the seeker. She wasn't the best and James new that at the bottom of his heart. But he was too prideful to think of the possibility that they might lose and kept going with his plan. Daisy was the best they ever had. She had helped them win every single match, caught every single snitch for the past two years. But she left.

Sirius had gotten really angry at James for kicking Daisy off. The only reason he had joined was to see Daisy, after all. But he had to stay. No one else was really that good, so Sirius stayed. But having Sirius defiantly wasn't enough. Having Lily was just a burden. She was bossy and was mean to the other players, bossing them around.

Paris Mackintosh and Taylor Blair were both giggly girls who all wanted to go out with James. They stayed only because they thought James might notice them. Roman Douglas was a second-year boy who had hit 6 out of 10 bludgers. Not too good. Jayden Vill was a mean boy who didn't have too many friends. He stayed only to gain popularity. James groaned. This wasn't going too well for them.

James' plan was to win this first game and get all the old players to see that Lily was a good player and that she could stay on the team.

The game was about to start. All the players walked out onto the field. The fact that the Gryffindor team had no backups was a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knew.

James shook hands with the Hufflepuff captain, the whistle was blown, and the players took off.

Not two minutes into the game, Lily was hit by a bludger, making James distracted. Lily was heading for the ground and all of the Gryffindors gaped at the red-head. James cursed and went after her. Only one chaser was paying attention at this point, and even he was feeling very shaken.

Then, the seeker spotted the snitch. She went after the Hufflepuff seeker who had seen it just seconds ago. It was close. The ground was getting closer and closer and Taylor was getting scared. She pulled up five feet from the ground. The Hufflepuff seeker kept going, catching the snitch and pulling up mere inches before slamming into the ground. The Hufflepuff side of the stadium went up in cheers as the seeker was hoisted onto the back of the players.

Daisy looked at James with a sad look on her face. She was very sad that they lost, but this was the only way to let James see the truth. He learned his lesson.

I told you so, she mouthed. James' face turned red and he stood up and walked away with Sirius behind him. Before walking behind James though, Sirius turned around and gave Daisy a sorry look. Something inside Daisy changed after receiving that look. She had thought that Sirius agreed with every single thing James said, but she realized she was wrong. Sirius had opinions as well, and in this case, it was the right opinion.