Chapter 30

"Daisy! Get off the darn bed!" Alice said whacking her in the face with a pillow.

"Coming," Daisy groaned, half-asleep.

"It's like you're in 3rd year all over again!" Alice yelled, whacking her for every word.

Daisy had stayed up until 1:30 in the early morning figuring out what to do for the giants with Sirius and James.

"Mary's going to be out of the bathroom any minute, and you only have 45 minutes to get ready for your challenge!" Alice exclaimed.

Daisy immediately jumped up from her bed. "Today's the first flipping task?" she shrieked.

"Yes! Why else do you think I would be waking you up like this?" Alice grumbled.

"I dunno, Transfiguration quiz?" Daisy said sheepishly.

Alice rolled her eyes and the bathroom door opened. Mary stepped out and gestured for Daisy to go in and get ready.

Daisy wore some athletic leggings and a plain black top. She was fully prepared and ready to get past the giants.

They went down to the Great Hall where James and Sirius were already waiting for Daisy.

"Are you ready?" Daisy asked nervously, sitting across from James.

"Yeah," James breathed, nudging Sirius.

"Oh hi Daisy," Sirius said shoving his pancake into his mouth.

"Boys these days," Daisy chuckled pouring herself some orange juice.

Soon they were all called to a tent at the Quidditch Pitch.

Dumbledore was standing there, ready to explain what they were about to do.

"Hello, contestants. I am going to explain what you are all about to do," Dumbledore said looking at the students.

They all nodded and looked up at him expectantly.

"The first task is giants. There are 9 giants, three for each group. Each giant is catching a jewel. This jewel is essential for the next task, so if your jewel is destroyed or harmed in any way, points will be docked, and your chance of winning will be lessened. I wish you all the best of luck," Dumbledore said, eyes twinkling.

Dumbledore really did want to kill them.

Daisy breathed out a breath she didn't know she had been holding.

"You all good?" she asked looking at her teammates. James and Sirius nodded in unison.

"You are going to levitate it," she said pointing at Sirius.

"Yeah," Sirius said making a mental note.

"You'll be charming it invisible, right?" Daisy asked James. James agreed and started fidgeting, a nervous habit.

"And I'm going to conjure it," she said to herself. They all nodded in agreement and started waiting in awkward silence for their turn.

Suddenly, a visitor burst in. Lily.

"Oh, James! Good luck!" She yelled wrapping her arms around his neck. James beamed and hugged her back. They started kissing and Sirius cringed in disgust.

"Get a room, won't you?" he hollered.

James broke away and rolled his eyes at Sirius. All the while, Daisy watched as her heart slowly crumbled. Her crush for James was definitely growing.

Lily sadly walked away when Dumbledore told her the event was about to begin. Each contestant was called, Durmstrang first, the Beauxbaton, and lastly, Daisy Evans, James Potter, and Sirius Black of Hogwarts.

They walked onto the Pitch. The Hogwarts side began to madly cheer and Daisy's fingers intertwined with James' fingers unknowingly.

"We've got this," she whispered to James and Sirius.

The Giants were pacing the Pitch, looking for trespassers.

"I'll go first," James yelled making a run for the center Giant.

Daisy and Sirius hid behind a boulder, watching as James made his way.

At one point he put his wand out and said a spell. It wouldn't work.

He yelled it now. It still didn't work. Now turning red with frustration, he once again pocketed his wand and decided just to dive for his jewel.

The Giant caught notice of him.

"ARGH!" it yelled, attempting to smash him with its foot.

Daisy couldn't just stand there and watch. She ran from behind the boulder and shot a spell at the Giant.

Boils erupted all over the Giant, but this just further irritated it. The Giant started chasing both of them around the pitch, and the other Giants now took notice of them.

It was now Sirius' turn to get out from behind the boulder. He also shot a spell at the left Giant, and it froze in mid-step. He levitated his jewel toward him, shrunk it, and put it in his pocket. He then went to help Daisy and James.

"Use your wand!" he screamed at Daisy.

"I know! I got it! Accio jewel!" she yelled pointing her wand at a corner. A pink jewel came zooming at her and she caught it.

Just at that moment, a Giant toppled onto her right leg. James had finally got his wand to work and used 'Petrificus Totalus' on the Giant.

Daisy screamed in agony and Sirius rescued her jewel, which was luckily still in her hands.

"Go James!" he yelled, helping Daisy onto her good leg. Her other leg was surely broken. The last Giant was watching as the trio was taking down the rest, and it was prepared. It stomped over to James and raised its club.

Daisy screamed an ear-piercing scream as James went to stop it. He was successful.

Sirius gripped Daisy's shoulder.

"He'll be okay," he said understandingly.

James got his jewel and the crowd went wild. Suddenly, the Giant swung its club once again. The club hit James' arm, and James and the jewel went flying. Sirius put a spell onto the boulder James was about to hit as his face collided with it.

"Made it into a pillow," Sirius quickly whispered. Daisy was shocked and didn't even respond.

James was still holding onto the jewel. Daisy knocked out the last Giant and she and Sirius ran towards James. His breathing was ragged and slow.

"I think he's just knocked out," Sirius said.

Daisy nodded and swallowed. She hoped he would be okay. She had no idea what she would do if he wasn't.

After visiting him in the mini hospital wing outside on the grounds, she learned from Madam Pomfrey that everything would be all right. Daisy's leg was also getting healed by her. Then the three of them slowly made their way outside to hear the scores.

Daisy was so nervous she clutched on to Sirius tightly, and James saw her hands clingy onto Sirius's. He didn't say anything, but frowned. Was it possible that the two still had a thing for each other?

"For Durmstrang, the judges have discussed, and we give them a eight out of total!" Dumbledore shouted.

Eight? They must be good.

"For, Beauxbatons we give them a five." Dumbledore said. Daisy looked over her shoulder and saw that the girls had been hurt really, really badly.

"And finally, for Hogwarts, we give them a six!" Dumbledore hollered, and the Hogwarts stands started to cheer. Daisy nodded. It wasn't a perfect score, they were two points below Durmstrang, but at least they weren't last. They must had lost points from all their injuries like the Beauxbatons girls.

She just hoped they could catch up to Durmstrang. Daisy hated losing. She was a winner, and she knew so were her teammates.