Chapter 27

Once Gryffindor learned that James, Sirius and Daisy were going for the tournament, a lot of people decided not to join. James and Sirius were laughing about it during class, while Daisy just felt bad for them.

"We ruined their chance to shine!" She snapped at the two boys.

"No, we just lost some competition." Sirius said.

"Keep up the cocky attitude, we will never be chosen." Daisy said, rolling her eyes.

"Daisy, do you know who you're talking to? We are James and Sirius! You're Daisy Evans! The judges will love us!" James grinned. Daisy just groaned and headed to the library.

"Have fun in the library!" James hollered after her. Then he spotted the person he wanted to see, none other than Lilia Evans.

"Lily-pads!" He called after the other redhead. When Daisy heard this, she stopped in her tracks and turned around to see what was going on.

"Go away, James." Lily said, clearly bored.

"This Saturday, there's a slug horn party, would you like to be my date?" James asked, and this time, he asked really politely. Lily was shocked by his politeness, but Daisy wasn't. She was the one who told James to be polite. They had been spending more time together these days, and he asked for advice for dating her sister. Daisy told him to be polite and not too demanding. He really took her advice by heart, but Daisy just hoped Lily didn't say yes.

"Um...I'm invited too." Lily said, raising her eyebrows, and for the first time, she was looking at James.

"Yeah I know, you're Slughorn's favorite student- Daisy rolled her eyes, she was Slughorn's favorite student, not Lily, but Lily beamed at this- I mean we can go together?" James asked nervously, all eyes were on Lily now, and she was clearly enjoying the attention.

This was the first time Lily Evans ever considered the fact of going out with James Potter, and everyone was curious about wether this would be the day she would officially agree to go on a date with James. Even the teacher's were curious.

"Um...fine. I guess." Lily shrugged it off, but James looked like he was going to burst. Daisy felt like part of her heart had cracked. She walked off, emotionless, trying not to look like she cared, but inside, she was breaking. Daisy was better than Lily in so many ways, but this was one thing Daisy could never accomplish, her relationship with boys never worked out.

"Daisy!" James called behind her. She slowly turned around and looked at him even though she didn't want to.

"It worked! She said yes! Thank you! You. are. my. savior!" He looked extremely. Daisy swallowed hard.

"Yeah. Cool." She said, trying to smile and turned around again.

"Wait, Daisy! I have to pay you back! Maybe next time we go to Hogsmeade, I can I don't know, buy you a butterbeer!" James said. Daisy shook her head.

"You should treat Lily next time you go to Hogsmeade." Daisy said quietly.

"Yeah! Good advice! Thanks." James gave her a boyish grin and head off, tackling Sirius, and the two boys high fives each other.

Daisy went inside the library and sat down, starting to read. She burried all her emotions in studying and reading, when suddenly someone slammed her book shut. Her head jerked up and saw the famous Amos Diggory smiling down at her.

"Uh...may I help you?" She asked uncertainly.

"No, the question is may I help you?" Amos asked and sat down beside her.

And he's a lunatic.

After a few moments of silence, Amos spoke up.

"You like James Potter." He concluded. Daisy didn't even try to hide. There was no point in that, since Amos was a genius when it came to feelings, relationships and stuff like that.

"So what if I do?" She asked quietly.

"I can help you! I can help you get him!" Amos said over excited, and Daisy rolled her eyes.

"Let me guess, you want me to fake date you?" Daisy asked, shrugging. She was just joking, but Amos actually nodded.

"Wait, you're serious?" Daisy asked.

"Nope, Sirius Black is in Gryffindor." Amos said seriously, and that made Daisy chuckle. Sure, Amos Diggory was a complete jerk and player, but he was pretty funny.

"No, Amos. I won't fake date you." Daisy said. Amos frowned.

"Fine, but come with me, it's not like you need and studying." Amos pulled her up. Daisy was about to protest, but he lead her down to the great hall.

"Okay, well I'm just going to head to the Gryffindor table and get some food..." Daisy tried to escape, but that was when Amos Diggory pulled her into a kiss in front of the whole school.

Jaws dropped.