Chapter 31

Daisy was in the library as usual, studying, reading, doing all she could to help her team find more clues to the next tournament.

It was funny, right after the tournament, they had got to keep the jewels they collected. It was a pretty good bargain, the jewels were really pretty and looked really valuable, which James kept asking if they could see them.

The jewels were actually clues to the next task. That was good, since then they could have a lead this time on what was coming next. Last time, the three of them had absolutely no clue what they were doing and two of them got hurt, and this time Daisy was not going let that happen again.

So they started trying to find something from the jewels. They tried doing everything to the jewel, but it was like the jewels followed some rules.

One, they won't be transformed into anything else. The boys and Daisy thought of anything they could transform, but nothing worked, the jewels stayed as jewels. They shined beautiful red, blue and green.

Two, they couldn't be broken. They were so hard, no matter what spell the boys and Daisy used, they stayed aqs they were, and they weren't even cracked. Sirius had even tried to make it explode, but it just rolled around for a second, and nothing worked.

Three, they stayed together. If they used in jewel, the other jewels would follow the first one,. They moved as a pack. It was pretty cool actually.

So, yeah, the three had no lead. It was fine for James and Sirius, there was still ton of time, and the two hadn't started worried. Daisy was worrying already, she didn't want what happened last time to happen again. She wanted to be prepared, but they weren't prepared. She didn't know what she would do if Sirius, or James got hurt.

"Hey, Daisy?" Daisy was lying on her four poster bed when someone called for her. She looked up and saw Marlene looking at her. Daisy was surprised at seeing Marlene call for her so calmly.

The two had never gotten along. They started as rough enemies, Marlene was Lily's best friend after all. To Daisy. Marlene always had this mean girl act up, and she wasn't really good to be friends with. Mary was better to get along.

Daisy wondered what Marlene was up to.

"Yeah?" She asked. Marlene took a deep breath and sat down beside Daisy's bed.

"I know we don't get along, but I really need to ask you a question." Marlene said, and for the first time, her voice was soft, and it showed the soft spot of Marlene. Daisy nodded, she was always there to listen.

"So...you know that me and Sirius dated before right?" Marlene asked. Daisy nodded slowly. Both Sirius and Marlene had mentioned this to Daisy before. To be honest with you, to Daisy, the two actually looked really cute together.

"Well...I'm not over him." Marlene said quietly, and this time her voice was so soft, Daisy could barely hear it. Daisy's mouth shaped an o.

"Oh. Well, what are you planning on doing?" Daisy asked. Marlene shrugged and heaved a long, deep sigh.

"He probably will never like me back. I mean, back then, I was nothing but a clingy girlfriend." Marlene said. Daisy put a hand on Marlene's shoulder.

"Hey, don't say that. I mean, we all make mistakes. I've made plenty of mistakes. And, I mean, my relationships don't last either, but I still try." Daisy said. Marlene nodded.

"The reason I'm telling you this is because these days, you're always working on the tournament with him, I just thought if you know, do you think he still likes me? Would he give me another chance?" Marlene asked. Daisy nodded eagerly.