(Chap 1) We Can't Be Friends

"Ah! Harry stop,"I shrieked as my best friend sprayed water all over me.

"Not until you admit I'm your bestest friend in the whole wide world,"he laughed as he continued spraying me with water.

"But I'm wearing white!"I complained.

"Well should've thought about that before you claimed I wasn't your best friend,"he smiled.

"Fine! Your my bestest friend in the whole world! Happy?"

He nodded his head and turned off the hose.

"Hey Ellie,"he smirked.

"What?"I sighed as I tried drying my hair off.

"I got you wet,"he snickered.

"Oh haha, very funny Harry Styles,"I smiled.

"I know, I'm fucking hilarious."

"Sure you are,"I said and I rolled my eyes.

"So are you upset about me leaving,"he asked.

"Well, yeah,"my eyes dropped."I don't wanna lose my best friend. I get it's your dream to sing, and I know I sound selfish, but I don't want you to forget about me when you're famous."

"Forget Emily Alice? The gorgeous girl I nicknamed Ellie in the first grade? Impossible! Besides, who said I'll be big and famous?"Harry said.

"You're an amazing singer! You'll surely make it,"I exclaimed.

"And if I do, I will never forget you."

I stayed quiet.

"Ellie, I swear I will never forget you. Besides I don't even know if going to the X-Factor is a for sure thing yet."

"I guess,"I sighed.

"Come here,"he smiled.

I snuggled up against his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I want you to hear something,"he said.

I could feel his smile on me, and he began to sing:

"Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderfull
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love."

We sat there quietly for a moment.

"That song has always reminded me of you for some reason,"he chuckled."I dunno. Like I can picture you singing that song to our little girl one day."

"Our?"I asked.

"I meant your. Sorry, when I said our I was talking about when I have a girl I'll always sing that to her when she goes to sleep. I don't mean actually our kid. That'd be weird!" He laughed.

"Yeah, it would be,"I smiled.

"Emily Alice Wilson, get here right now!" I heard someone shout.

And it was my oh so loving father.

"He sounds pissed,"Harry said.

 "He'll get over it,"I sighed."I gotta go, love you Hazz!"

"Love you too, Ellie!"

And with that said I made my way to my dad's car. I opened the passenger side and sat down waiting to hear it, but too my surprise we rode in silence.

I was hesitant as we pulled up our brick house. I didn't know how mad my dad was at me. I waited for him to get out the car before I got out. He walked silently into the house, and I kept my distance behind him.