(Chap 5) Either Way You're Screwed

Harry's P.O.V

My eyes were on Ellie the whole night, I couldn't even pay attention to the movie. Something is on her mind I can tell, but I don't want to banbard her with questions. The boys already adore her as I knew they would. It's hard not like Ellie.

"Harry."Someone said interuppting my train of thoughts.

"Yeah?"I said dazed.

"I kinda need to get home, it's late."Ellie said.

"Awwww, Ellie, stay!"Louis whinned.

"Bu-"

"No buts!"Screamed Liam.

Ellie's P.O.V

"I need to get home guys!"

"How bout you stay with Boo Bear and I for the night? It is pretty late, and the weather is crazy,"Harry said.

"It's just a little thunder storm!"I complained.

"Fine, let her go home."Zayn smirked.

"What?"The boys said in unison.

"Since it's only a little thunder storm. She has two legs she can walk or there's always the option of you staying here for the night. Either way you're screwed."He smiled slyly.

I heard a crackle and the pounding of the rain, and I just sunk back into the couch knowing I had lost the argument.

"I'll stay,"I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you,"Harry smiled.

"I'll stay! Happy?!"

"Yepp!"He smiled cheekily.

"Zayn, what happened to being best friends?"I joked.

"Best friends let best friends walk in the rain,"he teased.

"Mhm."

"LETS PLAY NEVER HAVE I EVER!"Louis shouted.

"How about no,"I said.

I've always hated the game, and I've always refused to play for certain reasons.

"Too bad,"Louis said and he stuck his tongue out at me."Alright since Ellie is underaged we can't do alcohol, BUT we have apple juice and we're gonna add some cinnamon for an extra 'kick' in flavour."

"Aw that's lame,"Niall complained.

"Too bad!"Louis said.

He got up and went to get a huge glass of the special apple juice.

"Alright, Liam goes first."Louis said as he sat back down.

"Alright,"Liam said thinking,"never have I ever... Erm... Walked naked on a plane!"

"Hey! That's not fair!"Harry whinned.

"Too bad! Drink it!"Liam said holding the drink to Harry's face.

Harry took the cup and took a huge sip and started coughing like mad.

"Tastes like shit,"he coughed."Did you even mix the cinnamon powder, Lou?"

"Nope!"Louis smiled.

"Jerk."

"All the more fun! It's like a cinnamon challenge too!"

"You're trying to kill us aren't you!"Liam laughed.

"Hahaha, maybe."Louis said with his most serious face, and then he bursted out laughing again."Alright, Harry, your turn."

"Alright,"Harry said,"never have I ever let someone go even and I wanted the best for them."

Harry stared directly at me when he said. Waiting for me to take a sip from the glass. My hand inched towards it, and I grabbed the cool glass. I parted my lips and drank, soon followed by a load of coughing. Harry was pleased with himself, and smirked. I knew he was trying to get to me.

"My turn,"I hissed."Never have I ever told my best friend she was a bitch."

Harry glared at me and took another sip from the disgusting beverage. The boys were silent now, their eyes only on me and Harry.

"Never have I ever cut myself!"Harry blurted.

I stared at him in disbelief.

"I'm going home."I mummered."I'll get a cab or something."

"Ellie don't,"Louis begged.

I grabbed my bag and was about to head out the door when I stopped in my tracks. I went back to the circle of boys, grabbed the cup, and chugged down the whole thing. I threw it on Harry's lap and walked out.

I began walking in the pouring rain not caring how terrible I looked, or how soaked I got. I couldn't call my only friend in the world, Luke, because he still was on his little vacation.

I walked for ten minutes when I heard a car pull up beside me.

"Ellie, get in the car."I heard someone say.

"I turned around, and saw Harry in the driver's seat.

"No."I said and I continued walking.

"I'm sorry! I was caught up in the moment!"

"Fuck, Harry! Just leave me alone! I didn't even want to come hang out with you and your- You best friends anyways! So let me leave, geez, take the fucking hint already! We can't be as close as we once were! You screwed that up, remember?"

"Hell! I know I screwed up, Emily, but shit! You're making it seem like I killed something in the process!"

"You did kill something! Our frienship! You killed our fucking friendship!"

"Get in the damn car, Ellie!"

"No!"I shouted.

"God damnit."I heard him mummer.

I kept walking not looking back to see if he was still following. i heard a car door slam, and running towards me.

I felt strong arms grab me and start pulling me away from the direction I was walking.

"Let me go!"I shouted.

I felt myself be thrown into the car's passanger seat, and I struggled against Harry's weight.

I looked at him, his eyes were red, I could tell he was crying.

"Just hear me out, please?"He whispered in my ear.

I stared at him for a while and just sighed. I nodded my head and he got off of me and headed for the driver's side.

Once he began driving he started to speak.

"As I said before, I know I fucked up. I want to give our friendship another try, Ellie, don't you get it? That has always been the thing about us. We never had one fight we never made up from except-"

"The one where I said we couldn't be friends,"I whispered.

"Exactly. I want to be your best friend again. Hell, I know I'll have to work really hard for me to ever gain your trust again. I'm sorry for blurting the thing about your cutting. I was mad. I'm stupid and I need my Ellie back."

"I'm only giving you one last chance, Harry Styles. And it's only because I want my Hazza back."

With that said we rode in silence.