(Chap 2) So This Is Goodbye?

I walked back home, it was dark now. I saw my mom's car in the driveway, so both my parents were home now. I walked thinking I knew what was coming.

I felt my body slam into the wall for the second time today, and my dad's breath stank of alcohol.

"Just do what you usually do,"I said in a soft voice.

"Did you get rid of the boy?"

"Yeah,"I said trying to constrain the tears.

"Good girl,"my dad whispered in my ear.

He began touching me in places he usually doesn't. He forced me off the wall, and took me up to his bedroom. He slowly began taking off my shirt, and he began kissing my neck. I whimpered at his touch, just praying to God that it would end. Then I snapped out of it.

I wasn't going to let my dad take advantage of me like this. I pushed him off me, and my dad staggered back shocked. He charged after me with rage in his eyes, and slammed me up against the wall.

He punched me repeatedly until I gasped out in pain.

"Now will you be a good little girl and let me finish what I started, or do you want to end up almost lifeless by the end of the night?"He asked.

I kicked in the groin area and he groaned in pain, but he regained his stature.

I made a mad dash for the bedroom door, and slammed it in his face as he chased after me. I ran down the stairs, and i ran into my mom.

"Baby just let your daddy finish,"she pleaded.

I looked at her for a moment. She was thin and pale, her once beautiful brown hair now stringy and gray. I didn't feel pity for her, she did that to herself. She decided that she was going to do crack and meth, not me.

I shook my head and pushed passed her, and I ran out the front door. I just kept running and running, not bothering to look back fearing that if I do he'd catch me.

I need to tell Harry everything. Tell him I didn't mean what I said to him earlier today. That I love him with all my heart and I didn't want him to leave.

I ran for what seemed like three hours, but in reality it was one. I stopped at the corner, and let out a small smile as I saw Harry's house.

I'm going to tell Harry that everything was a big mistake, and I want to be best friends again.

I began making another short run to his house, but I stopped right in my tracks.

I watched as Harry's mom, Ann, moved some suitcases into a cab. I began slowly walking towards their house, now, not knowing what to expect.

"Hello, Emily! How are you?"Mrs. Cox asked as she saw me.

She immediatley hugged me once I got closer.

"Good lord it looks like you ran a hundred miles!"She exclaimed.

"Sure does feel like it,"I said as I put on my world famous fake smile."Um where's Harry?"

"Getting the rest of his bags,"she said,"he didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"He decided he was leaving for the X-Factor tonight... Look there he is now!"

I turned around and locked eyes with Harry.

"Mom, can you get in the cab, please?"Harry asked.

Mrs. Cox nodded her head and went inside the cab leaving Harry and I in silence.

"Harry, I-"

"Ellie, stop."

I looked at him shocked.

"Don't make this hard for me,"he mummered.

"Don-Don't make this hard on you?"I asked.

"Yeah, just let me go."

"You-You don't even want to hear what I have to say?"

He shook his head no.

"Why not?"

"Because you're just going to play the 'I'm sorry, Harry, I didn't mean what I said' card. Honestly it'd be a load of bull. You're just trying to stop me from leaving, but no matter what you say it won't change my mind. I'm going to audition and I'm just going to try to forget that any of this had happened, alright? So save yourself from looking like an idiot because I could careless about what you have to say."

"Whatever,"and I began to walk off.

"Wait!"I heard Harry call.

I stopped and turned to look at him.

"Yeah?"I asked.

"You aren't going to fight for me like you usually do when we get into fights, I'm a bit surprised."He asked.

I sighed, shook my head no, and began to walk off again.

"Wha-What are you doing?"I heard him call.

"What you wanted."I called out.

"Which was?"

"Letting you go."I hollered.

I wanted to turn around and hug him, but I wasn't going to give him what he wanted.

I just kept walking until I heard a car door slam and I turned around to see the cab driving off. My phone began to vibrate.

From Hazza Styles:

Suprised you didn't fight for me...

Me:

I'm done fighting.

From Hazza Styles:

You know I meant what I said...

Me:

I know.

From Hazza Styles:

But you know I still love and care about you, right?

Me:

I kind of find that hard to believe.

From Hazza Styles:

So this is goodbye?

Me:

Yeah. This is goodbye.

I put my phone on silent and began my long walk. I wasn't really sure where I was going, home was clearly not an option.

To think of it I've never had a home only hell.