(Chap 9) Owls

Harry's P.O.V

"Harry!" Ellie exclaimed a little too cheerfully as I opened the door for her to come in.

Her blue eyes scanned the room as she set all her bags down. She gleefully pulled me in for a huge embrace.

"Ellie, it's almost one in the morning."I said as she let go off me."Why did you decide to move now? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you're here, but couldn't you have waited till noon?"

"It was a spur of the moment kind of thing."She said lazily.

I could tell she was tired. Her eyes are puffy and red, but not just from being tired but from-

"You were crying?"I asked.

Her eyes widened in surprise, but it soon faded away. Her face was expressionless as she moved towards her bag taking out some clothing.

"Yeah.. But it's okay, I'm over it."She sighed."Where can I change? Where do I sleep? I can sleep on the couch."

"You can change in my bathroom, and no you won't sleep on the couch. You can sleep in my bed."I said."You already know where my room is. I'll get everything set up."

She just nodded her head and walked into my room. I followed her and watched her as she shut the bathroom door. I heard a little click indacting she locked the door behind her.

I let out a grin. Clearly she doesn't trust me if she's locking doors now.

I looked at the already messed up bed. I was sleeping when she told me that she was going to move in with me. Always surprising me. I took out another blanket and pillow for me to lay on.

I thought back to that one night we had spent together...

"It's really late,"I grinned as I laid out on my bed.

"Yeah, I should probably head home."Ellie said with a hint of sorrow in her voice as if she didn't want to leave.

"You could stay here?"I said raising my eyebrows.

"My parents would kill me!"She exclaimed.

"Say you're staying that night at one of your close girlfriend's house."

"I don't have very many friends, Hazza."She smiled."Besides your parents would-"

"My parents aren't here. My mom and stepdad went out of town for the weekend. They won't be back until tomorrow night."I smiled slyly.

"You really want me to stay?"She smirked.

"Yeah."

"Fine."

I remembered being shocked by her answer. We ended up going into my living room with a whole bunch of junk food, and sleeping in there. She was on the couch while I was on the floor, the very uncomfortable floor.

My head popped up, out of my train of thoughts, as I heard the bathroom door click. Ellie stepped out in some white pajamas with owls all over them. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and she looked tired. All the excitement she walked in with was totally drained out of her.

I smirked.

"What?"She asked innocently.

"Owls freak me out."I mumbled."Always watching you."

She just rolled her eyes and plopped down on the bed. She smiled a little as she ran her fingers through the covers.

"What?"I asked.

"It's still warm from where you were sleeping."She said dropping her smile."Harry, I don't want you sleeping on the couch."

"Then where would I sleep? The floor isn't exactly comfortable."I half laughed.

"In here..."She said.

I almost didn't take her seriously. I looked into her eyes. They were worn out now, darker than usual. I've always liked her eyes. The way they just shifted colors always reflecting what kind of mood she was in. He noticed that about her everytime she was tired. Her eyes goes from a clear blue just like the ocean when it's calm, and then it'd go to a darker shade of blue like the ocean after a storm. And that's what they were right now, the ocean after a storm.

"Harry?"

I dropped my gaze, and looked at my hands. I was still holding the extra pillow and blanket.

"So you'd rather me sleep on the floor in here than the couch?"I questioned.

"Or on the bed.."

I looked at her once more. She didn't meet my eyes.

"And you don't mind?"I asked.

"It's your bed. I trust you enough to know you won't seduce me."She laughed.

I crawled into bed next to her and pulled the covers over me.

"I can seduce you,"I smirked,"but I'm too tired to."

"I highly doubt it."She laughed.

"Doubting is bad."I yawned.

I closed my eyes trying to let the sleep consume me.

"You're staring at me."I half smiled.

"I've never seen you sleep before. I'm fascinated really."Ellie said."Plus, I can't sleep and I think watching you sleep would help."

Even with my eyes closed I could tell she was blushing.

I opened my eyes and was face to face with her. Her head resting on one of her hands, her body turned directly towards me. Her eyes were tired, but curious.

"It's creepy."I smiled."You're like an owl."

"Owls are cool."She defended.

"Go to sleep, Ellie."I said as I closed my eyes again.

"I told you I can't,"I heard her huff.

"Well try. I have a meeting at ten in the morning."

I heard sigh and she began to ramble to herself softly.

"I'm going to lay here and watch him sleep. Even if it's creepy. Owls are cool. I can be his owl,"I heard her say softly to herself."I'm going to buy him an owl for Christmas. A live one. That looks like Hedwig from Harry Potter. He'll piss himself."

I heard her laugh silently to herself, and I couldn't help but to let a small smile crawl onto my face. Ellie and her tired rambling is probably the most adorable thing ever.