Lets See Whos Worthy

Soon everyone's gone and all that are left are the avengers, Hill, and some other people that are usually in our group, I don't know.

We all sit around the living-room area in the room where we had the party as we discuss things. We're currently talking about Thor's hammer and how you have to be worthy to lift it. I'm currently sitting next to Thor on a couch. My eyes flicker over to Bruce and Nat for a minute as I internally gush at how cute they are.

"But it's a trick!" Clint tells.

"No, no. It's much more than that." Thor disagrees.

"Ah, whosever be He worthy shall haveth the power," Clint says in some weird fake deep voice. "Whatever, man! It's a trick." He says as he twirls around a random set of drumsticks.

"Please be my guest." Thor says, motioning to the hammer sitting on the table.

Everyone goes silent. Everyone starts listening.

"Really?" Clint asks.

"Come on." Thor eggs him on.

"Yeah," Clint says, standing up with the sticks as he walks over to the hammer. "Oh, This is going to be beautiful." Clint says.

"Clint, you've had a tough week." Tony says. A headache forms as I quickly think of all the ways Tony would take this.

"Tony, don't say it!" I shout after getting my answer.

"We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony finishes, smirking at me. I groan loudly. People laugh...

"You know I've seen this before, right?" He grabs it with one hand. Groaning as he tries to lift it. It doesn't move an inch.

"I still don't know how you do it!" Clint laughs awkwardly, stepping back as he looks at it.

"You gave up quick." I say.

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony asks, pointing to me and everyone else.

"I wasn't all that silent." I shake my head, smiling.

"Please, Stark, by all means." Clint says. I smell a challenge that is somehow going to end up with everyone trying to lift the hammer.

Tony stands up looking like he's already lifting it.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge. It's physics." Tony says, putting his hand through the little wrap thing.

"It's not physics." I say looking at Thor.

"Right, So, If I lift it, I then rule Asgard?" Tony checks.

"Yes, of course." Thor says.

"I will be reinstituting prima nocta." Tony says as he puts his leg on the table, grunting as he tries to pick it up.

"I'll be right back." Tony says. Coming back with his Ironman hand.

He still can't lift it. Then Rhodey stands up and gets his war machine hand as they both try and lift it.

"Are you even pulling?" Rhodey asks.

"Are you on my team?" Tony asks.

"Just represent. Pull." Rhodey orders. They try pulling but they can't.

Then, Bruce goes. He stands up on the table and tries to pull, yelling out from trying so hard. He lets go and pretends he got angry and is about to turn into the hulk. He awkwardly stops. No one laughed. We all kinda look at him with pity.

Thor and I smirk at each other as we both think everyone's done trying when Steve stands up.

"Go ahead, Steve, no pressure." Tony says.