Nightmares Dwell

I slowly and nervously got ready to sleep. Slipping on my most comfortable pajamas as if being comfortable would magically stop the nightmares. Slowly walking up to my bed, I gaze down at the covers, knowing that under them awaits a night of pain and torture.

I take a deep breath in. Then I take a deep breath out. Moving my hands up and down with the rise and fall of my chest.

"Ok. Ok, Case, you'll be fine! The guy you really like just spent the whole night acting like your boyfriend. That calls for good dreams. Now, as a normal teenager, you're meant to have fantasies to play out through your dreams. Casey O'Conner, you. Will. Not. Have. Nightmares." I demand my body to listen. Taking one more deep breath, I get into bed. Not realizing how quickly I would fall asleep.

*******
It's cold. Stone walls surround me as my gaze flickers around them. A Steele door sits in front of me. I continue to look around the room as best as I can as whoever put me here, didn't put any lights. The only source of light being the light pooling into the room through the small bared window on the door.

I look around, the feeling of squinting my eyes comes as I look around the room. What is this? What's happening? I'm suppose to be able to see in the dark!

I notice some rocks in the corner and an idea pops into my head. At that moment a searing pain spreads through my skull making my cry out in pain, loudly.

A bang resonates through the room.

"Quiet!" A gruff voice shouts, making me jump back in fright. I walk up quietly to the door, placing my hands on it before another idea pops into my head.

I grit my teeth together to stop from screaming through the pain. After it passes, I scramble over to the rocks, grabbing two small ones and scraping them together.

My mind calculates the right angle to get a flicker of sparks. I stop, bashing the rocks on the ground, whimpering as quietly as I can as a wave of pain flows through my body. I fight through it, clanging the rocks at the angle, creating the sparks when I realize... I have nothing to spark a fire on.

I groan, leaning my forehead on the ground as I rock back and forth.

"Wrong, wrong, wrong!" I spit out. I grip at my smock in anger. I sit back, figuring out a way to make a fire, too shocked to stop the groan of pain from ringing out of the room. Another bang came from outside the door.

"If you don't stop, I'll come in there and make you feel real pain!" The man screamed.

Tears leaked from my eyes as I closely watched the door. I slid the smock off and looked down at the wraps covering everything private before  crumpling the smock and placing it on the floor.

Using that same angle, I create a spark, lighting my smock on fire. I smile lightly and move forward to feel the heat, rubbing my hands together to get warm sooner.

I looked up and watched the door. As it got colder, the door will grow weaker. Till it cracks. Then it'll break... Then I'll be free.

*******
I got forced forward, banging through the doors and crashing onto the ground as the double-doors swing in and out.

"Get in there!" The deep voiced man yells, being the one who pushed me.

My head snaps up, noticing the familiar chair and medical supplies. I squirm around and clasp onto his leg.

"Please, please. Don't make me do this again. I'll be good, I'll be good, I'll do better, I swear! I'll try harder, just don't make me do this!" I beg as I already start sobbing against his leg. The man grips my shoulder and tosses me against the ground.