A Semi-Permanently Permanent Home

After the MRI, they found out that there was a good amount of swelling in my brain. Overworked. The diagnosis I gave them. They have no idea how to treat a woman with powers like mine. I told them what to give me and what to do and when to check on me. They seemed to understand but who knows...

On the bad side of things... every time I used my powers, I would fall unconscious... for everything. Eyesight, hearing, pain relief. Everything. So I was stuck, forcing my brain not to do things it's suppose to automatically do.

Another thing that sucked. I was suppose to relax. I was suppose to RELAX when the freaking hulk has taken control of my Bruce and driven him off to god knows where! Now he's missing with secret mode or super spy mode or WHATEVER-THE-HELL-ITS-CALLED-MODE! No one can find him, I can't use my brain to find him... Hope is lost. I just want him back and safe. Who knows what that... monster could be doing to him. I felt completely useless... more importantly, I felt bored. The only thing to keep me happy and un-bored was Pietro.

We sat on his bed, holding hands. I found myself needing to constantly touch him. Needing to know he was actually here. When I wasn't, it felt just like it had when I collapsed on the ground beside him as I had thought I failed. We sat in front of each other, our fingers moving to play with each other. Neither of us spoke. Nothing needed to be said. The door to our room opened and neither Pietro or I moved to look and see who it was.

"Casey..." the voice trailed off. Oh good, it was Steve. "You should be in bed, lying down." Steve scolded. I scoff at his tone.

"I'll have you know, Pietro and I no longer need to be on IV's or any machinery for that matter. We just need to rest. We can rest anywhere." I correct him. My magic from before had fully restored him. Health wise. I was getting better as the hours past. I didn't have the ability to rapid heal for the time being. Steve sighed.

"I'm just worried." His voice drew closer and I smiled lightly as he kissed the back of my head. I look to see him start walking out the doors.

"You said it yourself Casey, you need rest. So don't you two go... overworking yourselves." Steve said, his back turned away from us. My jack slacks open as I stare at his retreating form.

"Steven Rogers! You did not apply what I think you did!" I shout after him. All that was heard was his annoyingly amused laughter. I look at Pietro with a look.

"We're not 'overworking' ourselves." I deadpan. Pietro smirks.

"Not now. Maybe some other time, yes?" Pietro replies, brushing his fingers along both sides of my jaw to lift it, meeting his heated gaze. I blush furiously. I physically turn into the color of a tomato. I turn my head out of his grasp and look down at the floor. He chuckles deeply and I swear my insides are mush...
_____________________________________________

A few hours later Pietro and I lean against one another as we all sit around the table. No one talks. It seems all our minds were on what had transpired before we got on the jet.

"So... I was thinking." I voice. Everyone's eyes turn to me. "Clint." I address him specifically.

"Yes..?" He raises a brow. Growing anxious, clearly.

"I don't think Pietro or myself are in any condition to fight any time soon. Pietro can barley run, his body is so sore and I can't even list the first hundred letters of pi without fainting." I chuckle, bitterness creeping up in my tone. I didn't regret saving Pietro... I just wish I didn't faint every time I used my damn brain.

"What are you asking, exactly?" Clint asks, right to the point. I shrug, feeling a little sheepish.

"I was just wondering if Pietro, Wanda, and I could stay with you for awhile. For recovering purposes," I propose nervously. Clint doesn't say a word. No one dares speak. "The farm is relaxing; And really beautiful." I add. Clint sighs, looking between the three of us. His gaze lingering suspiciously on Pietro. He finally clears his throat and leans his elbows on the table.