Chapter 8

Colby's P.O.V

  Today was the day Sam will be taking Katrina out on the date he had asked her out on. He seemed really excited about it which brought a small smile to my face. Yet I couldn't push away the aching feeling in my chest.

I just have to accept the fact that he doesn't like me that way and likes someone else. But how can I when all I think about is him? As much as I'd hate admitting it, I'm jealous. I'm jealous and hurt.

But I have to get over it. I just have to. He doesn't like me and probably never will. "Colby?" Sam questioned as he looked over at me. "Hmm?" I hummed out and looked up at him.

He grabbed my wrist and stopped me from walking. "Why are you crying?" He furrowed his eyebrows and reached up, wiping the tears that had obliviously escaped, with the pad of his thumbs.

"Oh, n-nothing." I whispered out and wiped my face with my sleeves. "W-We're going to be late." I spoke and began walking off but he tugged me back. "Why are you crying, Colby?" He spoke softly and swayed us a little as he hugged me.

"Because I love s-some who won't l-love me back." I whispered and closed my eyes tightly. As pathetic as it sounds.l

-

I slowly walk down the steps, getting ready to do something I wouldn't have imagined. Coming out to my parents. This'll probably change everything. But I can't hold it anymore. I was 12 when I realized I was gay.

I had told my friend and he ended up leaving me. Along with all the rest. I should've known better but I was young and stupid. So from then on I had kept it a secret; especially from Sam.

I trusted Sam the most and he was basically my other half. But I was afraid to lose him too. So I kept shut till the day I had told him; days before our current timing. I just don't know how longer I can keep it in from my parents. The people who gave me life itself.

I walked down the rest of the steps and my mother sent me a warm smile from the kitchen. Yet it dropped the moment she saw the slight tears in my eyes. "Mom, dad, I-I need to tell you something." I spoke, my head hung low.

They looked at each other in slight worry and followed me into the living room. They slowly sat down on the couch and looked over at me. "I.. I don't know how to start." I chuckled and sniffled as I avoided eye contact.

I wasn't ashamed, but simply afraid. Who knew what could happen in this exact moment. "What is it son?" My father pressured and my heart beat faster by the second. "I-I'm gay." I whispered audibly and looked up at them in tears.

The room was silent. The same as when I had came out to Sam. My father slowly stood up and walked over, making me stiffen. I closed my eyes tightly and awaited whatever I was bound to get.

Shock and relief soared through my body once my father wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. I sunk into his warmth and hugged him back, letting my tears fall fully.

My mother's arms wrapped around me as well, making me feel even more relaxed. "Don't be ashamed, we support you son." My mother spoke smiling and kissed my head as they swayed me lightly.

I was overjoyed. I was ecstatic as some say and I couldn't be happier. I sunk into the warmth they give and smiled lightly throughout. This is all I wanted..

I just wished I was in Sam's arms as well..

642 words