Chapter 11

Colby's P.O.V

  The next day was actually unexpected. I stood by Sam as he shoved his books into his lockers and shut it before grabbing my hand. I blushed and as he walked us towards the cafeteria, guiding me through other sweaty teenagers,

Until we spotted Katrina. "I'll be back. I have to make things right." He spoke softly and I nodded, waiting behind. I watched with a nervous heart watching as the two talked. Katrina nodded and reached in, giving Sam a tight hug.

Katrina is a really sweet girl and I'd hate knowing she was heartbroken because of our love for each other.

My heart rate slowed down once Sam walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He laid his forehead against mine and smiled lightly. "What happened?" I questioned softly and looked up at him.

"She had fallen into false love as well." He replied in the same tone as I and I spotted Katrina walking off, hand in hand with Devyn Lundy. That's adorable. "So it's settled?" I smiled and he nodded.

"It's settled." He repeated and pecked my lips before grabbing my hand. We walked in the direction of the cafeteria, my heart beating in many ways. Happiness, bliss, nervousness and love.

-

I sit at a lunch table, picking at my pasta as I await Sam's arrival. Hearing footsteps close by, I looked up spotting a boy around my age with bright purple hair. "Would you mind some company?" He asked nervously and I shook my head.

I eyed him a little, not seeing him around before. "Are you new here?" I questioned and he nodded lightly. "My name's Jake Webber." He smiled and put out his hand, needed to be shaken.

"Colby Brock." I smiled back and shook it happily. "Why are you sitting alone, may I ask?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows as he looked around. "I'm waiting for my boyf- best friend to return." I corrected, not really wanting the word to spread out.

Here, secrets and rumors are like the flu. Once you get it, you spread it onto others then others, then others. As if on time, Sam appeared with his tray of food and sat down close to me.

He eyed Jake, his eyebrow raised and lips parted about to speak up. "Sam this is Jake Webber, the new student. Jake this is Sam Golbach, my best friend." I introduced, not needing any uneasy friendships between the two already.

He seems like a nice guy and I'd hate to have him as our rival. Or mine at least.

"He seems more than just a 'best friend'." Jake laughed lightly once he spotted Sam's arm wrapped around me protectively. I chuckled and nodded. "Don't worry, he seems like a great guy but I'm not that into boys." Jake assured softly and put out his hand.

Sam softened and shook his hand, bringing a small smile to my face. Hopefully this works out well. It's nice having friends around..

502 words