Chapter Four

Today for it being a rocky start it surprisingly went well for me. Not so much for Katherine and Tanner. The twins, however, had a very eventful day and came home more energetic than normal. Once the bus pulled up in front of the house I saw mom was waiting outside for us. Mom smiles as she asks the twins, "So! How did it go?"

Dallen and Daniel answer, "It was awesome!"

She high fives them both, "Alright!" Mom then looks at Tanner and gives him a hug, "Did things get better after your talk with the principal?"

Tanner answers, "Mr. Sanderson wants me to speak with him every day instead of having my last hour class."

"Counseling?" Mom questioned. "Are you sure?"

"I think it will be good for me Mom," Tanner replied.

Katherine quickly bypasses mom as mom asks me, "What happened to Katherine?"

"One of the football players dumped ice on her head," I answered. "He got kicked off the bus for it." I then advised mom, "Probably best to let her calm down a bit. She's had a rough day."

Mom then said in agreement, " Your probably right." She then gives me a hug and asks, "What about you? How was your day?"

I told her as we strolled inside the house, "I did have a bit of a rocky start. Well the whole day was like that. But it was actually good."

"Did you make any friends?"

"One. Her name is Leila and shes really cool mom."

Mom then asks, "Any cute boys?"

"Mom!" I snapped. I'm not having this conversation!

Tanner comes downstairs, "What about that kid who was sitting with you and Leila at lunch?"

Oh my God! "Shut up Tanner!" I started laughing as I felt embarrassed.

At this point I know he's teasing me. Like every big brother would. Tanner at first starts acting puzzled by asking, "What is his name?" Before he could say anything I tried to stop him, "Jonathan-." I tried covering his mouth with my hands, but he quickly scooped me up and over his right shoulder. 

"Jonathan! Jonathan! Taylor likes Jonathan Mason!"

My mom was laughing as she watched Tanner spin me around. "Put me down!" I chuckled.

Then we all heard a knock at the door. Tanner jokingly gasps, "I wonder who that could be?"

One of my shoes falls off as Tanner opened the door. "Jonathan." Tanner greeted him at the door with a hard handshake. "What's going on?"

Jonathan asks as he picks up my shoe, "I was wondering if I could possibly hang out with Taylor for a little bit? Go for a walk or something?"

Tanner quickly sets me on my feet and says, "She's all yours man."

Oh geez! I stumbled a little as Jonathan caught me, "I gotcha!" I'm dizzy!

Oh my. I was impressed by how strong he was. "Can you put me down now?" I asked.

"Oh." He replied. Jonathan's face turned red as he put me down, "Sorry." As I put on my shoe he says, "I thought I walk would be fun. Help us get to know each other better."

"Sounds good."

Jonathan and I walked for about 3 hours until we came across a little park bench. During that time he told me about his family and the vacations they've taken across the country. I found out we even had some things in common between our family lives and each other. It made me feel happy knowing that I made a genuine connection with someone here. Jonathan asked me, "So tell me how did you learn how to fight like that?"