Chapter Nineteen

Well, this is another surprise on this adventurous journey. Also the first time hearing someone refer to me as 'Mrs. Mason'. However, I was curious to find out more about this Elena Kane. The conversation between all of us right now was going surprisingly well. Elena has mentioned to us that she and her family are on our side of this 'tradition upholding war'.

From the looks of things, everyone here trusts her. Well except for me, Elena may have each their trust. She on the other hand hasn't earned mine just yet. "Tell me, Elena. Where is your family?" I asked.

"I don't know." She answered.

At the moment I could tell that she was intimidated by me. I didn't want her to feel that way especially if I was going to gain her trust. The same went for her. I told her, "Elena, it's okay. You can tell me."

She finally answers, "My mother and my twin sister were about six hours away from meeting up with your mother when we were ambushed by people from division five. They'd caused us to swerve into a large pond. Once my mother got us out of the car we took off running. My mother, I don't know where she'd gone, but they. They took Amara!"

Elena started crying and that's when I got out of my chair to comfort her. I told her, "If Amara is anything like you. I'm sure she's okay."

"How can you be so sure?" Elena asked.

I told her, "Faith. A lot of the time I relie on faith and leaving things to chance." We both sat down in the kitchen with the others as I then told her, "I think those things are the only things that will keep me sane through all of this."

Elena kept silent as I could tell she had a lot to process. Jon's Dad comes downstairs rather in a hurry. Heather asks, "Dad what's going on?"

He answers, "Spotted several guys lurking around the cabin." We all are then caught off guard by a flash grenade. Jon's Dad shouts, "Hide your eyes!"

	Jon pulls me down to the ground with him protecting me from the grenade

Jon pulls me down to the ground with him protecting me from the grenade. The grenade goes off releasing clouds of smoke and bright light. Jon croaks out, "Dad!"

I could see Heather crawling around on her belly trying to get to her dad. I looked around and started panicking. Elena? "Elena!" I coughed. I reached up onto the counter for a gun.

"Elena!" I shouted.

"Help me!" Elena screamed.

I could faintly see two guys dragging Elena out the door. I got up and went after them, "Elena!"

"Taylor don't!" Jon shouted.

I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but all I cared about was Elena's safety. I had already gone out of the door when Jon had shouted my name. 

I shot the guy on the left in the back

I shot the guy on the left in the back. I tried to shoot the guy on the right, but I had no bullets. 

I told Elena, "Run!"

	Jon came out and saw me take down a man twice my size

Jon came out and saw me take down a man twice my size. Before Elena reached the edge of the woods she had been captured again. Jon and I both went after them, but once we stepped off the porch four more guys out of nowhere jumped us. Two of them each dragged us away kicking and screaming. "Jon!" I shouted.

Jon's Dad was able to get him free, but they were unable to free me. "No!" Jon cried out as his Dad was carrying him away.

I jerked my head and saw that they were taking me to a blacked-out van. "Jon!" I cried out. I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck as everything went dark.

 I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck as everything went dark