Chapter Twelve

Of all the people to be a part of this chaotic mess. It had to be Kyle of all people. Darius somehow snuck Daniel and Dallen out of sight as Ingrid was circling us like prey. She then asks Kyle, "So little Taylor is the one who broke your heart?" Ingrid then tells Kyle, "You can do much better."

Ingrid then looks at me and says, "Hello again." She then scans around the room as she then asks, "So, where's the little bitch that hit me over the head with the tire iron?"

Just then, Lelia points her gun at the back of Ingrid's head, "I'm right here doll."

Kyle then quickly goes to shoot Lelia, but Katherine shoots his wrist before he could get the chance even to pull the trigger. 

Darius went for Kyle's gun as I pulled out my bullwhip

Darius went for Kyle's gun as I pulled out my bullwhip. Darius and failed to notice that Kyle was reaching for another gun inside of his jacket. I made it just in time to get the bullwhip around Kyle's neck. Darius snaps at me and says, "Wait!"

Darius then pulled out a knife and points at Kyle, "What division do you belong to?" Darius looks between both Kyle and Ingrid for an answer, but neither of them spoke up. "Very well then," Darius said.

Darius takes his life and slams it through Kyle's left hand. Kyle cried out in agonizing pain as Ingrid broke away from Lelia. Lelia shot Ingrid in the back of the leg, causing her to fall to the ground. Ingrid tried crawling away, but Lelia prevented that by stepping on her ankle, "I suggest you answer the question."

All of these thoughts just started going through my head as I was watching this happen. Does Kyle even really know what's going on? Is he even going to try anything? I rolled my whip up and tucked it back into my jacket pocket. I don't think he'll try anything. Kyle just looks as though he knows as much as we do.

Nothing.

Now Ingrid, on the other hand, I wasn't so sure about. Ingrid tells Lelia, "I'd rather die than tell you anything."

Darius almost seemed impressed with Leila and how she was handling Ingrid. He then turned his attention to Ingrid as he told her, "I believe what you are saying is true. Given the obvious experience, I've seen." Darius then quickly twists the knife in Kyle's hand, "I know you're willing to risk your life for your division but willing to put his life on the line?"

Just watching Kyle, it made me realize that I don't even think he even knows what's going on. That might be the reason why he's not answering anything. The experience for him right now with all this is slightly traumatizing. Ingrid then says to Darius, trying to test him, "You won't kill him. You don't have the stones to do it."

Jonathan says out of nowhere, "Be sure that if he doesn't." Jon then pulls out a gun and shoots Kyle in the leg, "I will." This side of Jon I didn't know how to handle. To be honest, it was scaring me. Jon then aims a little higher up on Kyle's leg, "Answer the question."

I begged Jon to lower his gun just as Ingrid finally blurts out, "Five! Division Five!" I was in shock that Ingrid gave up so quickly. Moments ago, she was just ready to die, but when it came to Kyle, she gave up information at the drop of a hat. It makes me think about what's going to happen if I'm put in that situation or if Jon's put in that situation.

Right now, I don't want to find out.

Nicholas approaches Darius to tell him, "We need to go. There will be people looking for them."

"What are we going to do about them?" Heather asked.

Darius glances down at Kyle and replies, "Kyle here doesn't seem much of a threat for the time being."

Jon takes the opportunity by grabbing on to Kyle's shirt and punching him in the face knocking him out cold. I watched Kyle slump back on to the floor as Jon then says, "That takes care of that." Jon then looks over at Ingrid, "What about her?"

Darius quickly pulls out a gun and shoots Ingrid in the head. He then says to Jon, "Problem solved."

Darius I told us we had to walk some distance to find the car where the boys were hiding out. I took a lot of time to ask Jon what was going through his head. "Do you want to explain to me what the hell that was back there!" I whispered.

Jon asks me, "What are you talking about?"

I didn't know if he was serious or not. I looked at him confused, "What am I talking about? I'm talking about the fact that you just shot someone, Jon!"

Jon stops in his tracks and snaps at me, "What else could I have done Taylor! Kyle wasn't going to give the information we needed."

"Because Kyle didn't even know anything to begin with!" I snapped back. "None of you could have seen how traumatized he was! But also, none of you bothered to even think about your actions!"

Jon I think was starting to realize how much of an effect his actions were having on me. I told him straight to his face, "Those actions back there in the chapel."

"It wasn't you, and it scared me."

Once we got to the car where the boys were hiding, Darius then tells us, "Probably best transpose of your vehicle here."

A sprinter van pulls up towards us as we unload everything from Jon's parents to van to another van. I closed the trunk of the sprinter van and saw John getting ready to hotwire his parent's van to push off a cliff. I have a feeling he's so upset from our conversation earlier. I told Darius, "I'm going to go check on him."

Darius then replies, "We'll give you a few minutes."

Walking over to Jon as he gets out of the van, I could see he was holding back tears. I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him, "Jon. What's wrong?"

He turns around facing me and starts fiddling with his keys, "I've had so many memories that all revolved around this damn van." Jon then scratches his left eyebrow as he tells me, "My dad said that he was going to give me this after graduation." Jon finally looks me in the eye as he apologizes, "I'm sorry for everything that happened back at the chapel. I don't want you to be scared of me."

I pulled Jon into a tight hug as I explained to him, "I'm not scared of you, Jon. I don't want you to lose who you are in all of this." I could hear Jon weeping as I told him, "Right now, I know everything that's going on sucks. But we'll get through it together." I showed him my wedding ring as I told him, "For better or for worse."

"You're stuck with me Jonathan Mason."

Jon giggled as he took my hand and kissed it. We let go of each other as he says, "Well, Mrs. Mason. Shall we?"

"Together," I answered.

Both of us walk behind Jon's parent's van, and with both hands on the trunk, we pushed the van off the cliff and walked away as it went over into a ravine. Darius asks Jon, "You alright, my friend?"

Jon answers him, "Once all of this is finished, and we are reunited with our families. I'll be fine. until then, I'm going to do what I got to do to keep the family that I have right here safe."

All of us pile in the van as Lelia asks Darius, "Darius. Where exactly are we going?"

"Maine."