Chapter Seven

Panic setting on the drive to my house. Lelia came with us to help us find out what was going on. Before we had left the school I checked with the office to see if the boys were still there. They signed out around 11:30 a.m. saying that they had doctor's appointments. Mom would have told me if they had something going on today.

I knew that there was something wrong. I just didn't know what. "Damnit!" Heather snapped as she slammed her phone shut. "Mom's not answering her phone."

Jon then adds, "Neither is Dad."

"What's going on?" Heather asked. "This doesn't make any sense."

"I'm calling my house." Said Lelia.

I tried calling Tanner's cell phone and there was no answer. Same with Katherine and my mom. Whatever was going on, it was scaring me. "Any luck?" I asked Lelia.

Lelia answers, "Nothing. I'm checking my answering machine." As she was listening to a voicemail I noticed her expression changed, "What?"

"What is it?" Jon asked.

I told her, "Let me listen." The voicemail that just left on her machine was another coded message. It took me a while to figure it out but I told Jon as I hung up the phone, "We need to go to my house. The message says and 'Go to Taylor's house' so go."

We pulled up into my driveway and hopped out of the van. Jon left with Lelia to go check his house and her house. Heather came inside with me to check what was going on in my house. We got inside the door and everything was gone. All of our family photos and everything else gone.

It was honestly heartbreaking seeing everything like this and not knowing the reason why. "Everything is just empty," I muttered to myself.

I ran upstairs as Heather followed behind me. She asks, "Do you need me to do anything?"

"I'm going to check Kat's, Tanner's and my brother's room," I replied. "Can you check mine and my mom's room?"

"Sure," Heather answered.

They went into Dallen and Daniel's bedroom and found absolutely nothing. All of their clothes and toys just gone. What is going on? I walked out of the room when I heard Jon's voice, "Taylor?"

"Upstairs," I answered. "I'm in Tanner's bedroom." I went into Tanner's bedroom and found the exact same thing. Except for a note on his dresser. I picked it up and recognized that it was my mom's handwriting.

"Mom," I muttered to myself. I open the letter and read it to myself

 I open the letter and read it to myself

Jon asks, "What's that?"

"A note my mom left for Tanner," I replied. "It says for him to head east."

Lelia comes into the room with a note in her hand. She says, "I found this in Katherine's room."

"