Chapter 4 - Weird

Juliet Calland

I walked into the palace and the guards led me to Leonardo's study room once again. I knocked a couple of times and walked in. Leonardo was reading his book with his glasses on.

He looked up to me and gave me his signature smirk. He took off his glasses and gestured me to sit in front of his desk.

"I'm assuming you have a new candidates for me." He said as I sat down on the chair in front of his desk.

"Not yet, my parents will arrive in Denmark soon. Tell me why do you want me to cooperate with you?" I asked as I put down my bag.

"They don't know that I'm looking for another bride, so I suggest you to act like you agree with the wedding."

"They will get the wrong idea, Leo. It's obvious that we don't want to marry each other." I said pointing at the both of us.

"You hate me?" He raised his eyebrows.

"No! You're the one who hates me." I bursted.

"Ah.. right! But I don't mind marrying you actually."

"Well.. I don't want to."

"You have a new fling now?" He asked as he leaned his body to his seat looking at me with his not so friendly eyes.

"You can say that.." I said even though I have none.

"Ahh too bad, whoever they are.. they have to back down." He said as he leaned towards me and I scoffed. He suddenly took out a small black box from his drawer and put it in front of me.

"For my future-wife."

"No thanks." I said as I pushed the box back.

"Wife, you can open it. It's nothing fancy." He said and I decided to open the box. My eyes widen to see what's inside. I threw the box to his face and he laughed.

He gave me a condom.

"It's better for you to stay protected, wife." He said smiling widely and I wanted to punch him so bad and buried him alive.

"You're sick, Leo."

"I'm healthy, Juliet. I just got my health check last week." He smiled and I never knew Leonardo is capable having this kind of conversation with me right now. He's always been the quite kid, boring and always loves to talk about politics economy related topics instead of joking around and be sarcastic.

"I'm tired talking to you, you're giving me a headache." I said as I gestured him to stop talking.

"So.. what did you parents say about me wanting to marry you?" He asked and I closed my eyes.

"My father didn't like it but my mother was so happy about it." I answered without looking at him.

"When will you give me the new set of candidates?"

"Maybe next week or the week after that, I'm busy." I said as I massaged my head.

"You don't have a lot of time, Juliet." That made me open my eyes and looked at him with hatred.

"Why don't you find her yourself? You're picky! You said you only wanted this so you can be King, just take whatever I give you then!"

"Okay." He said.

"We can get married next month." He said and I'm completely done with his shit.

"I don't want to marry you, Leo."

"But you're the only on who is available on my plate. I think it's a good idea too." He said as he put his glasses back. He opened his book and started to read again.

"Unbelievable.." I mumbled as I closed my eyes again.

"Why? You're doubting my talent in bed?" I shot my eyes open again hearing him say that.

"Yeah, since you're busy reading books." I hissed coldly.

"Tell me when.. I'll be happy to show you." I'm having a massive headache now. He's going crazy now.

"When did you learn to talk like that? I thought you're an old fashion guy." I said still closing my eyes because I hate seeing his face.

"I thought you like dirty talk, wife. That's why I'm trying to.. adapt with your style."

"Stop calling me that, Leo. I swear one day, I will kick your balls." I said pointed my finger at him.

"Since we're in this topic, tell me what type of woman do you like? I hate hearing you being picky." I said as I opened my eyes.

"Hmm.. let's see."

"Tell me everything, I'll try to find someone who's close to your type."

"Someone like you." My heart skipped a beat when he said that and he smirked looking at me. I looked away trying to slap my inner self.

"I like smart girl, that's a must. I like someone who's easy going because I'm not a fan of socializing. I like someone who can make me leave everything just to be with her."

"And then.." I gestured him to keep telling me.

"Hmm.. someone clingy."

"What?" Did I hear him right?

"Someone clingy, Juliet."

"Why? I thought you hate that kind of woman." I said still trying to process his words.

"Why do you think I hate that kind of woman?"

"I don't know, you seemed to like serious and proper woman." I said and he turned his attention to me.

"I think I found my type already."

"Really?" I was happy when he said that.

"That's good.. then you don't need me."

"What do you mean? You're my type so.. let's just go to church and get married right away." My jaw dropped when he said that. I can't believe he said that.. did I hear him right? I raised both of my hands and got up from my seat.

"I'm not dealing with your weird brain, Leo."

"Leonardo Nielsen! How come you didn't tell me that Juliet is here?!" I turned around to see Queen Amanda walking into Leo's study room. I walked to her and gave her a big hug.

"Look at you.. you look so beautiful!" She said as she looked at me smiling widely.

"So.. I heard that you both are start to talk about the wedding. I'm so excited!" Here we go..

"Your parents will come here in a few hours right?" Queen Amanda clinged her arm around mine.

"Yes, they will."

"I've prepared tea for us, let's go down to the garden."