Chapter 6 - Plans

Juliet Calland

I walked downstairs to have breakfast with Leo's family. I decided to stay here for one night because I think it would be too tiring if I go back to Paris immediately.

"Your Highness, Prince Leonardo is waiting for you." I turned to maid who came to me.

"Oh?"

"Please follow me." She said as she gestured me come with her. I smiled nodding and followed her towards the garden. I stopped when I saw Leonardo standing in the middle of the garden with a lot of roses behind him.

"Your Highness.. please." The maid gestured me to go to him and I thanked her. I looked at Leo a little bit suspicious and he gestured me to come closer. I shook my head and Leo mouthed me to come to him.

I walked slowly to him and he smiled widely at me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the middle of the roses that he prepared.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"My darling, Juliet. Oh, Juliet.. I'm here to be your Romeo."

"Ah! You're drunk!" I said laughing as I clapped my hand.

"I'm not drunk." He said flatly and I turned to him disbelief.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he suddenly kneeled down on one knee.

"Leo.. wha- what?" I tried to make him to stand up but he held my hands tightly.

"Juliet Calland, will you marry me?" He asked as he took out a black box. Ah! He's trying to prank me again right? I bet this time.. he put a dozen of condoms in that box. He opened the box but before I could see what's inside.. I threw the box away.

"Stop bullying me! You don't need to give me a co-" Leo suddenly got up and ran towards where the box was. I turned to him confuse.

"Are you being serious? Why did you throw it away?" He asked me in an angry tone.

"You're going to give me another condom! I knew-"

"It's a ring!" He bursted and then he quickly kneeled down to the ground to look for the ring.

"Are you being serious?" I asked and he didn't answer. He was looking into the bushes. He took the box but when he looked inside of it.. he threw the box away.

"I can't believe you threw the box away!" Leo complained as he kept looking for the ring. I took off my heels and decided to look for the ring with him. How can I be stupid?! I thought he's going to prank me again.

"You can't blame me, Leo! You pranked me yesterday.." I hissed coldly at him as I tried to dig the soil to find the ring. Where is it? I tried to look a little bit futher from the place that the box landed.

My eyes found a shiny.. thing. I crawled to where that shiny thing is and it's the ring.

"I found it!" I squealed.

"You found it?" Leo asked and I felt something crawling on my feet. I turned to see 2 bugs crawling to my calf. I screamed and smacked the bug off me. I got up and ended up crashing into Leo. We both fell down and I was on top of him.

"Juliet.. your knees." He said pointing at my knees and I quickly got off from him. My knees were pressing on his stomach. Leo got up from the ground and he groaned in pain.

"I'm sorry.." I said completely in panic.

"You're seriously something.." He said as he tried to sit on the ground. I sat beside him and held his stomach. He kept groaning in pain and he turned to me glaring.

"What's wrong with you?"

"There's 2 bugs crawling on me." I said and he sighed.

"Why are you giving me a ring anyway? I thought you're going to give me a dozen of condoms." I hissed and he took the ring from me.

"Unbelievable!" He mumbled as he tried to get up. I helped him immediately and he turned to me fully.

"Next time please.. check what's inside first."

"Sorry." I pouted and he walked to grab the small black box on the ground. He slowly walked away from me. His body was covered in soil and dirt. I looked down and I was covered too. I walked towards the roses that he prepared and now I feel so bad.

I ran to Leo quickly and stopped him from walking into the palace.

"What?" Leo asked.

"What were you trying to do?" I asked as I pointed at the pile of roses.

"Propose you!"

"Huh?" I looked at him disbelief.

"Forget it! You ruined it.." He said and he walked pass me. He walked into the palace and I looked at him with a really weird feeling inside my heart. I looked back to the pile of roses that he prepared.

"I shouldn't have thrown that box away." I mumbled to myself. Now he's angry at me for ruining his surprise!

But why though? Why is he proposing me when he will pick another woman? Maybe he prepared it just for show in front of his parents. Yes! He wanted his parents to believe that he's going to marry me by proposing me inside the palace.

"Your Highness, Prince Leonardo told us to get you clean again. We've already prepare you a flower bath."

"Ah.. thankyou." I said and they helped me to go inside. I walked back to the room that I stayed last night. I got into the bathtub full of flower petals. I turned to see my long dress got completely dirty and it made me feel so bath instantly.

I took a 15 minutes bath and got out. I changed into my new set of clothes and got out from my room. I saw Leo talking to one of his guards and I walked quickly to him.

"Leo, I'm sorry." I said and he turned to me. He gestured the guard to leave us and he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Way the go ruining the surprise, Juliet."

"Sorry, I didn't know. I thought it would be another prank." I said as I looked down.

"It's okay." He said as he took a step closer to me. He pushed my chin up making me look at him. He smirked and then he leaned his face to me. He kissed me slowly and I kissed him back without me noticing. He cupped my face to deepens the kiss and I pushed him gently.

"Now.. tell me your plans for today."