Chapter 17 - How Dare He

Juliet Calland

I stepped into my house in Norway and guest what? I gave Nadine's project to other designer. I couldn't do it, I've tried to many times but I just can't do it.

My parents were surprised to see me coming home all of the sudden. My mother got up from the sofa in the living room walking towards me.

"Juliet, are you okay?" She asked and I hugged her right away. I bursted into tears right away. I've been holding my emptions for days while trying to design the engagement dress for Nadine.

My heart was hurting so much that I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Who hurt you?" My father asked in an angry tone.

"Who hurt who?" I heard Jayson's voice.

"Let's go to your room, let's talk." My mother grabbed my hand and dragged me to my room upstairs. I was crying non-stop and she kept trying to calm me down.

She locked my door and sat me on the bed. She patted my hand and wiped my tears.

"What happen to you? Tell me." My mother asked and I looked at her. She gave me a light smile and wiped my tears again.

"Leo."

"Leo? What's with him? Did he do something bad to you?" My mother asked me in panic.

"No, I did something bad to him."

"Tell me everything, honey."

"I don't what's wrong with me, it's just.. I don't know." I said and my mother hugged me. She patted my back trying to calm me down.

"It looks like you're falling in love." My mother said and I looked at her confuse.

"Love?" I asked as I wiped my tears. My mother smiled and helped me wipe my tears. She caressed my head and nodded.

"Maybe you're in love, you're in love with Leo."

"No way.." I said as I shook my head.

"Baby, you can't deny it. If you're not in love with him then why are you crying?" My mother asked as she took my hand.

"I don't know."

"Oh.. Juliet." My mother chuckled.

"What?"

"You're just like your father." She said.

"Hey!" I turned to the door and my mother shook her head.

"Do your own thing, Isaac!" My mother shouted and I sighed.

"Listen, Juliet." She looked at me and smiled.

"I know you still don't realize that you love him yet but I suggest to find out what you really feel sooner because time is ticking. He's already engaged to Nadine and if you don't act fast, you will lose him."

"But.."

"But what? You think you're not capable of love? Or maybe because you used to play around?"

"Trust me, love is different. It involves a lot of jealousy, being clueless sometimes and it's okay and it's normal."

"But he's going to marry Nadine, I don- I don't know. He was engaged to her all of the sudden."