Chapter 21 - Dragging

Juliet Calland

I was waiting for my turn to be auction and I'm a little nervous. My palms were sweaty and I can't even look straight to the audience because how much lighting shoved into my face.

Finger cross, I wish someone I knew will bid on me.

This is literally my mother's idea to help her friend. She said it's fun to meet new people especially hot guys. She's so confident that someone hot will bid on me and take me to his home.

Suddenly the fire alarm went off and my eyes widen.

I was in shocked with the sudden situation that I didn't even budge from the place that I was standing. People where busy running out from the room but I was.. completely froze.

Suddenly my eyes caught Leo running towards me. It felt like a slow motion and he grabbed my hand pulling me down from the stage. We ran out from the ballroom and all of the people inside were guarded secure by the special team since everyone in this room were important person or royals.

"Let's go." Leo said before I could protest, he already dragged me away from the crowd. His guards led us to the back of the building.

"Leo.." I saw still speechless with the whole situation and why is he here?

"Get inside." He said as gestured me to get into the limo.

"But.. I-" I turned to him and I didn't even know what I want to say. I got into the car and he leaned closed to me.

"Are trying to make me mad?" He asked and I looked at him completely confuse. I was still in shock with the situation earlier and he asked me this question. I didn't even know that he's here and what is he saying?

His eyes landed on my index finger and I immediately covered it with my hand. I looked away and let out a cough. He chuckled and he gestured me to give him space so he can get in.

"Go." Leo instructed the chauffer and then he closed the window between the chauffer and us.

"I think I deserve an explaination." Leo said and I looked out the window.

"I.. uhmm.. I think it's quite obvious." I said as I tried to control my heart that started to beating fast. I was so nervous to sit beside Leo.

"I have no idea, Juliet. I won't understand you unless you say something. I can't read your mi-" His phone rang suddenly and he picked it up.

"I'm with Juliet, yeah. Okay.. I'll talk to her later. I know.." Leo said and I turned to him lookingn at him talking on the phone. He ended the call and then he turned to me, I quickly turned away.

"I'll drop you to your hotel and I will go meet up with my fiance again." Nadine's here?

"Okay." I said and he turned silent. I opened the window that separated us with the chauffer. I let him know where I'm staying and then closed the window again.

I took a really deep breath and I looked down to my hand looking at the ring that Leo gave me. I put it on my index finger because I don't want people to have a misunderstanding. I never expected that he will come to the charity event because I pretty sure I saw the guest list.

"Leo.."

"Hmm?"

"I think I like you." I said and I gulped nervously. I turned to him slowly and he was looking out the window.

"Leo?"

"Is that why you wear the ring?" Leo asked as he turned to me.

"Everything happened so fast, you can't expect me to realize my feelings that fast, Leo. I have to take time to understand my own heart. You can't blame me for not accepting you again and again." I said trying to defend myself.

"You're right. But what do you want now?" Huh?

"What do I wa- what do you mean?" I asked him completely confuse with the question.

"I'm looking for a bride, Juliet. I'm not looking for a fling or a one night stand like you've always wanted or like. I don't want to be one of your flings." Leo said and I can't believe he said that.

"I'm happy that you like me but can you tell me where you stand now? You want to be my bride? Or you just want to experience a.. summer kind of love?" He's right. I know my feelings for him. I like him but I still don't know what I want.

"I'm looking for a bride, Juliet. I don't want to break my heart all over again. I like you a lot.. I love you a lot.. but ever since we're not in a good terms, I've been lacking in my studies and my preparation. If you come to me just to break my heart all over again, I don't want it." He looked at me and I can see.. pain all over his eyes.

"If you want to back down, it's okay. I'm starting to understand."

"Why are you pushing me away now?" I asked.

"I know your lifestyle, Juliet. I can't force you into marriage besides I know I was forcing you to realize your feelings when you never really experience this kind of.. relationship." That made me so mad.

"You're an asshole jerk, you know that?" I hissed angrily and Leo looked at me confuse.

"Me?"

"I really want to slap you right now." I hissed and he looked at me disbelief.

"I'm telling you the truth." He defended himself and I smacked his head. He groaned in pain.

"Do you think you're the only one with the heart break? You're seriously the only man who can make my heart boil and want to kill you so bad!"

"Why are you being so voilent?"

"You were the one who turned on the fire alarm right?! It was your idea!"

"How- how do-"

"Shut up! I'm dragging you to church.."