Chapter 7 - Fail

Juliet Calland

"Wanna crash on my place tonight?" Kevin asked me as he kissed my neck.

"Hmm.. I'll think about it." I giggled and he crashed his lips to mine. I put my hands around his neck as I kissed him back when suddenly someone bursted the door. Me and Kevin both turned our heads to see Leo?

What the hell is he doing here?

Leo's eyes changed when he saw me with Kevin. He walked inside my office and gestured Kevin to go.

"Go.. I'll talk to you later." I told Kevin in French.

"I'll call you." Kevin said and he immediately leave my office. I turned to Leo and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"I suggest you to wipe your lipstick.. it smudges all over that dick head's face." Leo said in a really cold and angry tone. I turned to my desk and grabbed a couple of tissues to wipe my lipstick off.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him and Leo sat down on the sofa looking at with an unreadable expression. His eyes were as dark as the night sky and it was obvious that he didn't expect me to be making out someone when he bursted into my office.

"It's been 2 weeks, I need my new candidates." He said coldly as he looked around my office.

"I was busy, I haven't finish it yet."

"Right.. busy fucking men around." He laughed dryly and I put my hands on my waist looking at him completely angry.

"What's your problem with me fucking around with men? Mind your own business! Besides.. I've told you that I'm a busy woman and I can't invest all of my times just to pick your bride!" I bursted angrily and he scoffed dryly.

"Suit yourself!" He said as he got up from the sofa. He took out a small black box and threw it on the table. He looked at me with his cold eyes and then he walked out from my office.

I looked at him disbelief and walked towards the sofa to see what did he throw away earlier. I took the box from the table and opened it. It was the ring from 2 weeks ago.

I scoffed disbelief and closed the black box. I brought to box to my desk and I sat down on my chair. I put the box into the drawer and closed it.

"He's unbelievable!" I hissed coldly.

I kept working and working to distract myself from thinking about Leo's behavior earlier. My phone rang and it was my mother.

"How did it go?" She squealed.

"Huh? Mother.. what do you mean?" I asked completely confuse because she just asked about something that I don't understand.

"The proposal?"

"What proposal?"

"Uh?" She's confuse right now.

"What do you me proposal?" What is she talking about?

"Shit! I think I spoiled the surprise." My mother hissed.

"What surprise?" What's going on here?

"Did Leo come?"

"He did but we had a fight.. so he left."

"Oh."

"Mother?"

"What? Don't give me that tone!"

"Did he plan to propose me?" I asked suspiciously because it made sense. He threw me the ring and then left.

"Yes. He was asking me what's your favorite food and your favorite color a week ago and he told me about his plan." Oh shoot! I got up from my seat and walked out from my office. I froze when I saw rose petals everywhere and balloons too.

My secretary was busy trying to clean everything alone and I sighed.

"Did he plan all this?" I asked my secretary.

"Prince Leo brought all of this and his guards helped him to arrange all of this but he told me earlier to clean everything up when he just finished decorating." I looked around to see him decorating the hall to my office with rose petals with light pink balloons. I even saw candles on the floor and now I feel bad again.. for him.

I ran my hands through my hair completely frustrated to see Leo doing all of these things. Why is he acting like this? We've talked about this before that I won't marry him but why is he planning to propose me?

I dialed Leo's number and put the phone to my ear.

"Pick up.. pick up.. pick up!" I hissed as I bit my lower lip completely nervous. I've tried to call him as much as I can hut he didn't answer. When I was going to call him again, he sent me a text message.

I'm busy.

Now, he's making me feeling guilty. I closed my eyes because I'm having a headache again. I think I need to check up my health. I kept having a headache lately especially after dealing with Leo.

He's making me want to rip my hair off.

I texted him that I will kill him if he doesn't tell me where he's at.

And guess what?

He answered..

I'm busy.

I sighed and I walked back to my office. I sat down on my chair and opened my drawer. I took the small black box and opened it.

It was the ring that I accidently throw to the garden. I don't know what is he planning inside his head but I don't think I will like it. He's acting weird lately and I really don't want to be involved in his crazy little games with me.

I have to give him the new set of candidates next week.