Romantic Comedy

Geo sat in her hotel room at the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. She flipped through channels on the television and looked at the clock. 8:17. She groaned and threw her head back into the pillow against the headboard. Geo picked up her phone and scrolled through the photos she had taken earlier outside the hotel with her friend and co-star Brianna. They had flown in together to do some promotions for the upcoming season of the reality show they were on. It featured a group of young adults navigating life, relationships, and their careers. The show, aptly titled Adulting, was a huge success.

Brianna Donovan
It's fucking boring here 😫

Geo
Dude I know
I'm ready to fly home

She got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom with her phone in her hand.

Geo
Thinking of going to the bar
Wanna join?

She fixed the makeup on her face and combed out her thick, slightly past shoulder length black hair. She walked over to her suitcase and pulled out an outfit. It was a metallic mini dress in purple and black platform heels courtesy of Fashion Nova. Being a reality star has its perks. She pushed up her breasts to make them look bigger in the dress when there was a knock on her door. She walked over and standing on the other side of the door was Brianna. She was wearing a sequin romper in silver multi-color and silver heeled sandals also courtesy of Fashion Nova.

"Well you look cute," Geo said as she moved so Brianna could walk in. She pulled at the romper as she walked in and kicked her leg out dramatically. "This thing keeps riding up into my groin," she says as she pulls at it again. "It looks itchy," Geo says. Brianna whips her head dramatically with a serious look on her face. "It is". Geo chuckles and grabs her purse off the bed. "I'm ready". They head over to the elevator and go down to the bar that was attached to the hotel. 

They sat at the bar for an hour or so until Brianna said. "This shit is dead". Geo looked around the bar and nodded in agreement. "There have to be nightclubs around..." she wondered out loud. Brianna pulled out her phone as the man that sat down next to her a while ago pitched in. "A few of my friends and I are heading to 1OAK in a bit. You wanna join us?". Geo and Brianna looked over the man and sneered at him. "Yeah, I'm not going to a nightclub with a stranger from a bar. That's how you end up on the 10 o'clock news," Geo carped.

He stuck out his hand and said, "Devin". Brianna eyes him as Geo hesitantly shook his hand. "I'm Geo and she's Brianna," she said pointing at her friend. "Geo?" he said. "Is that short for something?" he asked. "Georgette". Devin chuckled at her name. "That's an old lady name but it's cool. You're the first Georgette I've met," he smiled. "Well Geo, we're strangers no more".

"How about I get some shots for us?" he asked. "Yes!" Brianna said eagerly. Devin ordered vodka shots for the three of them and they downed them. Geo's face turned in disgust as she felt the burn in her throat. "Don't like vodka?" he asked. "Not really. I prefer whiskey," she smirked. Devin's eyes widened in shock and he nodded.

"A woman of sophistication," he says. He ordered three shots of whiskey for them and they down those too. Two very tall men walk in and dap up Devin. "Aye," he says to them. "This is Geo and this is Brianna," he said motioning at the girls. "This is Karl and this is D'Angelo". They all greeted each other. "I invited them to come to the club with us," he said. D'Angelo eyes the girls. "I know y'all from somewhere," he said. Devin looked at him with intrigue as he wondered how they could've crossed paths. D'Angelo snapped his fingers and said, "You're on that show! Ahh, what's it called?" he wondered.

"Adulting," the girls said in unison. "That's right! Adulting". Devin nodded slowly at this little revelation. "You guys have to be ballers with all that height," Brianna teased. "You're definitely right about that," Karl said. "D'Angelo and I play in Minnesota, and Devin plays in Phoenix". The girls' faces lit up. "We live right outside Phoenix, over in Mesa," Geo told them.

"We're practically neighbors," Devin joked. Karl and D'Angelo eased up around the girls knowing that they didn't even know who they were. The women they talked to all knew what they did for a living and sought them out because of that. But Geo and Brianna were girls who were famous in their own right and had no need to get clout from them. 

"Well let's head out," Karl said. The guys walked ahead and the girls stood back and whispered quietly about whether they would join them. "He is still very much a stranger," Geo whispered to Brianna. "Ok but a basketball player is not going to risk his career to harm you". Geo eyed her friend as they bickered back and forth. The guys turned around and looked back at the girls once they realized they weren't following. "We're coming!" Brianna said as she pulled Geo along to catch up with them.

They got into a black Escalade and rode over to 1OAK Las Vegas. They got out of the car and walked into the club where the paparazzi was waiting for them. "Did you call the paps?" Geo secretly asked as they walked into the club. "Yes! This is good for the show," Brianna said as they walked to the private section the men had reserved. Drinks were ordered and liquor, both clear and dark, was flowing at the table as the night wore on. Devin and Geo also got closer as the night progressed. She thought he was cute when he first introduced himself and Devin thought the same as well, hence why he sat next to them at the bar and invited her out. 

With both of them now heavily intoxicated, they began to plot a way to sneak off. "I was just thinking of how well this night is going," Geo said. "It's been fucking amazing. I don't want it to end," Devin said. As if light bulbs went off over their heads, they turned to each other and drunkenly gasped. "I have the best idea," Geo slurred. "I think we have the same idea but I want to hear you say it," Devin said drunkenly. "We'll say it together. On three," she said. "One...two...three," she counted.

"Let's get married!" they both exclaimed. Geo cheered with excitement. "We're like kindred spirits I swear," Geo said as she grabbed his face. "When we get married we can stay this happy forever!" she yelled. "Get your phone. Let's see what we need to do to get married," Geo said. Devin pulled his phone out and focused his eyes to do some small research. "We have to get a license," he said. "Aww," Geo pouted. "City Hall is definitely closed now". He scrolled through more info on his phone. "The Las Vegas Marriage Bureau is open until midnight," Devin said. They both looked at the time. "We have to get over there now if we want to go through with this," Geo stated.

Devin ordered an Uber and the two of them snuck out of the club and into the car. "I feel like we'll have to act sober or they won't give it to us you know?" Geo managed to get out. Devin grabbed her face and pulled her close. He gazed into her eyes and she went for the kiss. It's as if a fire were ignited. Like a thousand fireworks going off at once. They couldn't stop until they reached the Marriage Bureau on Clark Avenue. They thanked the driver and stood outside the doors. "Look at me," Devin said. Geo looked at him with wide eyes. "I love you. Let's fucking do this!" he smiled. They kissed again and walked into the building.

They filled out the certificate and signed their names.

Devin Armani Booker
Georgette Marianne Chamberlain

"Would it be possible for me to get a copy?" Georgette said in her best attempt to sound sober. The clerk smiled and nodded as she went to the fax machine get a second copy for Geo. While she had her back turned to the two of them, Geo whispered, "Your middle name is Armani?". Devin smiled and nodded. "It's nice right?" he said. "It's feminine," she laughed. "Well you'll have to deal with my feminine name for the rest of your life," he gleamed. The clerk came back and handed the envelope to Geo. "You two have a nice night," she smiled. "Oh my god we will!" Geo proclaimed as they walked out.

They caught another Uber to Graceland Chapel where they decided the ceremony would happen. They walked in and paid all the appropriate fees. Since they had no witnesses, other couples waiting to be married volunteered to sit in the chairs and watch. They said their vows in front of the minister and sealed their drunken union with a kiss. They were given a card with a username and password to access the photos that had been taken during the ceremony as photography was not allowed inside the chapel. Outside in the courtyard of the chapel, they had guests take pictures of them on their phones. Since they were so drunk, they didn't realize that a few of the bystanders took pictures for their own keeping.

When they arrived back at the hotel, Devin put the certificate in a zipper pocket of his suitcase. When they got upstairs to Geo's room, she put the certificate and card in a hidden compartment in her suitcase. The newly married couple undressed and attempted to have sex, but passed out before anything happened. As they slept, they cuddled each other under the blanket.