Backlines

Geo met Peter at Danny's pub to discuss the Josie situation. No one was on board with having her come back in any capacity and the three of them were trying to figure out how to prevent it from happening. 

"I felt like such a schmuck having to dole out that shit about her being a changed person," Peter said. "People as vile as her don't change," Danny added. "It seems like it's ratings over any of our feelings," Geo said. "It's a fucking shame," Peter sighed. "I tried to explain to them when they first told me they wanted to bring her back that it wasn't going to work. She pissed off everyone and there's no way you guys would let her back into the circle". Geo huffed at the idea of Josie coming back. "I don't even want her breathing the same air as me".

Danny sat two waters down for Peter and Geo to drink while they talked. "I honestly thought after she showed up here and started throwing drinks on the floor was the last straw. It's in our contracts that altercations at our workplaces are forbidden," Danny stressed. "Oh you think they care about that?" Geo huffed. "You own your bar so I don't think they care. You can't get fired if you're the boss," Peter shrugged. "We're protected," Geo said pointing at herself and Peter. "You aren't".

"I don't even understand the motive behind wanting to bring her back. It's not like we're starved for ratings. It was a consensus among the fans that she was hated," Geo said. "Like I know she's my cousin but I don't want her around us," Peter said before he took a drink of water. "The atmosphere is just that much calmer without her around".

"How are you such a level headed person and your cousin is a literal demon?" Danny joked. "She comes from the weird branch of the family," he chuckled. "I've never encountered someone so miserable," he said as he shook his head. "I think we should refuse to film with her," Geo said.

"Kennedy and I talked about it briefly after she got the email. If we all refuse to film with her, they may reconsider bringing her back on. I think it's worth a try". Danny and Peter look at each other as it seemed like a semi-solid idea to them. If it didn't work fully, it would at least halt production of the show for a while and the producers would be left scrambling. "I think that might work," Danny said. "You think we can refuse to work with Joseph too? I'm getting tired of that snarky asshole," Peter wondered. Danny and Geo laugh because they agreed. 

Joseph was the odd one out in the circle. He didn't make an effort to befriend anyone during the first season so when the second rolled around, they forced his personality to show and it wasn't what anyone was expecting. He could be rude, snarky, snobbish, and even gossipy. Fans liked him though so he stuck around. It was a relief to the rest of the cast that he was barely around for filming of this season and they all hoped he was on his way out.

"I actually asked Jeanette if they could fire him but no dice," Danny said. "But I'll relay the boycott to everyone. We have to stop Josie from coming back".

When they were done plotting and after an on-the-house serving of a pub burger and fries, Geo made her way back home where Brianna was waiting at the door for her. "Hey," Geo said as she walked up. "What's going on?" she asked. "Let me in and we'll talk," she said. Geo opened the door and Brianna walked in and went straight to the kitchen. "Care to tell me what's going on?" Geo asked as Brianna went through her cabinets. "Aha!" she said as she pulled a glass container from the cabinet. "Oh, my Tupperware?" Geo asked.

"My Tupperware," Brianna specified. "You acted as though you had something important to say," Geo said as she sat her purse on her dining room table. "My Tupperware is extremely important to me," Brianna voiced. Geo rolled her eyes as she sat on the couch. "But since I'm here," Brianna said as she came and sat next to Geo. "Jude got an offer to transfer to the Portland office in two months and he's going to accepting it". Geo's mouth tried to form a smile but she couldn't bring herself to be happy for her friend. Brianna and Jude had been dating for two years now so them moving in together was inevitable, but now that he received an enticing job offer, it was no surprise that he would leave Arizona and take Brianna with him. Jude was always vocal about his dislike for the state and had been looking for a way out for a while now. 

"I can't sit here and act like I'm not a little hurt. It's been us since day one of college," Geo said solemnly. Brianna rubbed Geo's shoulder and smiled sympathetically at her. "I know. We built a life out here together and you're like, my best friend, but Jude and I are really excited about starting anew in Portland". Geo sniffled as she felt tears well up in her eyes. "Oh Geo," Brianna said as she leaned in for a hug. Geo felt a tear run down her cheek and she pulled away to wipe it. 

"Like ugh!" Geo groaned. "I'm happy for you but I'm not and I don't want to sound jealous but like, I kinda am". Brianna chuckled and wiped away another tear. "Your life is just going places and I'm still doing what I've been doing since graduation. I'm unlucky in love and can't seem to keep a guy. I'm doing great in every aspect of my life except for love". Brianna looked at her and nodded slowly. "What I'm trying to say is that I'm a bit jealous of what you and Jude have and I want it for myself. I want to meet a guy and fall in love and move in with him and get married and all that jazz," Geo whined. "Well you did get married...and then divorced" Brianna laughed. 

"Oh shut up!" she laughed. Geo playfully hit her on the arm as Brianna adjusted herself on the couch and folded her legs. "But when it's time for me to go, it won't be for a few months. Jude wants to get settled and find a place before I come and I wouldn't want to move out there without a job lined up".

"Do like you've always wanted to do," Geo said. "Open up your own dance studio!". Brianna shook her head at the idea. "It's one thing to teach at one but to actually own it? That's so much work Geo. I'll have to find a studio, instructors, advertisers, people to manage the books. It's much more work than I'm prepared for". Geo shrugged as she knew Brianna was capable of doing all that. It was fear that was standing in her way.

"But you did say something interesting just a moment ago," Brianna said. "About you not being able to have what me and Jude have. I think it's in the works for you, I really do. Just be patient. We're still so young," she said. "I know but everyone in my friend circle has someone so it's hard not to compare my situation to what you guys have going on. And I tried tinder and all that and it's just not for me. It's like guys now are looking for a quick fix and I want something serious. And I don't mean to be a broken record but everything is in place except for someone to love," Geo said.

"And I know you have a lot of love to give but you just have to trust what's in the works for you. I'm telling you Geo, it's written in the stars! That great love is out there waiting, you just have to wait for it to present itself". 

Written In The StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara