The Night Starts Here

4 months later...6 months after the annulment

Geo sat on her couch as she waited for Brianna and Kennedy to arrive. They had been invited to Devin's house in Paradise Valley for a mid-day party he was throwing. The gathering would be filmed for the show as Geo begged him to film once more since the producers wouldn't stop pestering her to get him back on camera.

Jeremy Jones
Have fun at the party. I'll be thinking of you

Geo
I'll call when I arrive to talk before you go to sleep

Jeremy and Geo had been dating for a little over two months now and while she liked him, she felt like something was missing between the two of them. She knew she had true feelings for Devin, but it seemed like that window had been bolted shut. They had remained friends for nearly six months now and neither had made an attempt to change that but tonight she was hoping to make a move in the desired direction.

She topped off Bean's food and water bowl and waited on the couch for the girls to arrive. She turned to the evening news to pass the time. How long are they going to take? 

Fifteen minutes later, she received a text.

Kennedy Painter
We're outside 😊

Geo turned the TV off and stood up from the couch. She grabbed her purse and said goodbye to Bean before leaving the apartment. 

She got into Kennedy's car and greeted the girls as she observed the GoPro cameras positioned inside the car. "Something's telling me there's going to be some shit at this party," Brianna said. "Ugh you're getting that feeling too?" Kennedy groaned as she drove off. "I'm feeling the exact same way," Geo agreed. "I just know that damn production company has something up their sleeve. It would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't pull something at an event like this," Brianna said as she rolled her eyes.

The drive from Mesa to Paradise Valley took about 25 minutes and the girls talked and blasted rap music the whole way to set the mood for themselves. When they pulled up to the house, they observed how large it was. Paradise Valley is an affluent suburb of Phoenix where many wealthy people owned homes so it was no surprise that Devin had decided to settle there.

They got out of the car and made sure everyone's outfits were on point before making their grand entrance. Geo was wearing a moss green colored angel sleeve top with sequins, a leather skirt that hit just above her knees, and black chunky buckle detailed boots. Kennedy was wearing a high neck red jumpsuit with lace detailing and silver asymmetric block heel sandals. And Brianna was wearing The East Order runched mini dress with coral coloring and pointed platform stiletto heels in a peach color.

"The guys said they're inside," Brianna said as she looked up from her phone. They walked across the street and could hear the music coming from the house. They walked in and were greeted by a pack of attendees. Other NBA players, Instagram "models", and friends of these people. All were there to partake in the festivities. 

"I'm going to find Devin and let him know we're here," Geo said to the girls over the loud music. They nodded as they looked around the crowded room. "Good luck," Brianna said before Geo pushed through the crowd thinking of where Devin could be. She searched the main floor of the large home for a few minutes and then gave up. His house was far too crowded and the crowd seemed to stop letting her through. She quickly noticed Peter and Danny and made her way over to them.

"How cool is it that Devin invited us?" Danny said. "It's something to add and then cross off the bucket list. Going to an NBA players party," Peter smiled. "Have you guys seen Devin?" she asked the two of them and they shook their heads in response. "Not since earlier," Peter said. "You should've came when the party first started. You're not going to find him now with all these people around". Geo was a little annoyed as she had wanted to arrive earlier but the girls took a while to get ready. "If you haven't noticed, the cameras aren't here. Tell the girls the crew was here earlier but decided to leave when they saw how crowded it was getting," Danny said. "I'll make sure to do that".

She pushed her way through to try and find Brianna and Kennedy again. She spotted them in the kitchen pouring themselves drinks. She pushed her way over to them and Brianna handed her a plastic cup. She spotted Karl and D'Angelo, whom she had met while in Las Vegas, standing next to Kennedy. How could I overlook these two giants? 

"Hi," she said to them. "How's it going?" D'Angelo asked. "Really well. Have you guys seen Devin? I just want him to know we're here," she said. Someone pushed Geo against the counter as they passed behind her. "Rude," she muttered under her breath. "Just text him," Karl said. "I don't know where he went and I haven't seen him in a while".

Geo
Hey. Just letting you know we've arrived

She didn't know why she didn't think of that first. In a party this loud and crowded it was the most sensible option. She slipped her phone back into her small purse and decided to just let loose. There was no telling when she would see Devin and she wasn't going to wait until he appeared to have fun. 

"What are we drinking?" she asked. Karl bent down and grabbed a bottle from the cabinet and handed it to Geo. "It's from Devin". She looked at the bottle of WhistlePig Straight Rye whiskey. "Just for me?" she smiled. "That's what he told me," Karl answered.

She screwed the cap off the bottle and poured some in the cup to drink. She handed the bottle back to Karl but he didn't take it. "Just hold on to it. It's one of those parties where no one will judge you for drinking from the bottle". She made space for the bottle in her small purse and drank some of the whiskey she had poured herself. "How is it?" Kennedy asked. "It's amazing!" Geo said.

Kennedy leaned in closely to talk to Geo and Brianna, making sure the two men weren't listening. "Would I be wrong if I cheated on my boyfriend with one of them tonight?" she asked. "Yes," Geo and Brianna said in unison.

"I wouldn't blame you though," Brianna said, backtracking from her initial statement. "It's a once in a lifetime kind of thing and Joe cheated on you first. Think of it as payback". Kennedy rolled her eyes and said, "Ugh, don't remind me". As the girls were talking, Donovan Mitchell walked over and dapped up Karl and D'Angelo. They were introduced to Donovan and then went back to talking privately. 

"Ok, so if you go for one of them, I'll take my chances with Donovan," Brianna said. "Bri!" Geo gasped as she hit her arm. "He is a fine man and for us to be in the same room? I have to go for it," she smiled. "Well which one do you guys think I should go for?" Kennedy asked. "Karl," they said together. 

"If I play my cards right tonight, I may just end up Mrs. Brianna Donovan-Mitchell tonight," she cackled. "Ahh you think you're so clever. Must I remind you that you have a boyfriend?" Geo lilted. "I'm a follow the leader type of bitch tonight. Kennedy is cheating on Joe so I'm cheating on Jude". She shook her head at her friends and then threw her hands up. 

"I'm all for it! C'est la vie," she said before taking another drink.