Soft Revolution

When Geo awoke in the morning, her head was pounding and her mouth was like the desert. When she belched, the taste of tequila lingered on her breath. I don't remember drinking that. She looked next to her and saw a tall, light skinned man in her bed. Devin from the bar? She noticed that her dress was off and she was in her bra and panties. She put on the silk robe that was in her suitcase and she looked at the time. She needed to get ready and pack for her flight home today. She looked at the man sleeping in her bed and shook her head. She picked out an outfit for herself and took a shower. Once she was dressed and ready for the day, she walked back out where he was still sleeping.

Geo walked over to him and shook him until he was awake. "Hey, you need to go. I have a flight to catch". Devin looked at her and squinted until he realized who she was. "Right," he said as he got out of the bed. He noticed his lack of clothing and asked, "Did we fuck?" he asked as he tried to remember what happened last night. "No we didn't," he said as he remembered that much. He gathered his things as Geo read her messages from last night.

Brianna Donovan
Where'd you go?
Hey dudette, it's been 15 minutes and you're still not back
I don't want to leave the club without you
Apparently Devin is gone too?
You guys leave together?
Get it bitch!! 😜😜
Ok neither of you are answering your phones. I'm concerned
Can you please call or text. Need to know you're okay
I'll settle for a smoke signal
??????
BITCH WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!!?? 😡🤬

Along with 8 missed calls, she really freaked out Brianna. There was a knock on her door and Geo went to answer it. "Las Vegas Police. We're here to perform a wellness test on a Ms. Georgette Chamberlain". Geo stared at the officer. "That's me, I'm fine," she said to the officer. "You're Ms. Chamberlain?" he asked. "Yes. What's going on?". He dispatched a message through his walkie and looked back at Geo. "Your friend, a Ms. Brianna Donovan, came in early this morning panicked about where you were. I told her we would do a wellness check in the morning and it appears you're fine".

"Yeah I'm really sorry. I dipped last night and just disappeared for a bit. I came back maybe a few hours ago," she explained to them. "Ok. We'll go let Ms. Donovan know". The officers left and Devin walked out and turned around. "I don't really remember what happened last night but I'm going to assume we had fun. Maybe I'll see you around," he said. "Doubt it," she said. "We don't run in the same circles. But it was really nice to meet you," she said. "It was nice to meet you too". Devin walked towards the elevator just as Brianna came running down the hall and nearly knocked Geo to the floor with a hug. "Holy shit!" Brianna cried. "I was so fucking worried".

She released Geo from the hug and sighed a breath of relief. "Where did you go? I literally thought you got kidnapped or something," Brianna said. "It's fine. I left with Devin I guess and came back here. I'm not really sure what happened though but I'm fine". Brianna checked her out and nodded slowly. "Alright well I hope you're ready. We have to get to the airport".

**********

Geo had been home for two days and she had yet to unpack her bag fully. She sat on her couch after coming home from work when she got a text from the producer of her show.

Jeanette O'Halloran
How was Vegas?

Geo
It was fun.
Bri and I enjoyed it. Thanks for sending us

There was a knock on the door and in walked her fellow cast member, Kennedy. She was slender, pale, had long blonde hair, striking blue eyes and sharp features. "Did you get this fucking email?" she barked. "Uhh no, I haven't checked anything," Geo said as she closed the door. "They're bringing back Josie," she said in a disgusted tone. "As a regular?" Geo asked as she sat at the table with Kennedy. "No, as a friend of Peter's". Kennedy showed her the email from production and she read through it. 

"This is clearly a ratings grab and I'm fucking over it. No one likes her because she starts shit with everyone. If she tries to get physical with me again, I'm quitting the show," Kennedy lamented. Geo shook her head and handed the phone back to her. "Yeah I'm not really on board with this either. Josie said some real fucked up shit to me the last time we were in a room together. Maybe if enough of us refuse to film with her they'll just relieve her," Geo said. "I fucking hope so. I've never felt such hatred towards someone. I see her and I just want to rip her face off!".

Geo smiled uncomfortably at Kennedy. "I should get going though. I'll see you later tonight when we film. I just really needed to vent and your place was on the way to my Orange Theory class". Kennedy stood up and hugged Geo. "I'll see you later," she said as she walked Kennedy to the door. She sat back down on the couch to unwind before she had to get ready to shoot a dinner scene with her cast members.

Adulting followed the lives of six young professionals ranging in age from 22-31. There was: 

-Georgette "Geo" Chamberlain. 23 years old and works as a librarian for the city of Mesa, Arizona.

-Brianna Donovan. 24 years old and works as a dance instructor for a local dance company.

-Kennedy Painter. 25 years old and worked as a vegan chef and part-time Pilates instructor.

-Peter Volkman. 27 years old and worked as a web developer.

-Danny Doherty. 29 years old and owns a pub in Mesa.

-Joseph Yang. 31 years old and works as an electrical engineer. Noticeably absent from the show since getting married three months ago.

Geo fixed her makeup in the mirror knowing she would show up late for the dinner. It's not that she disliked filming, she just didn't want to be around cameras all the time. Geo was a very private person and being the show was an obvious conflict of interest for her. While she was grateful for the opportunity, she just wished she wasn't forced to talk about the inner workings of her life.

She drove over to the Doherty Pub where the dinner was taking place. Danny owned the pub and shut it down for the night in order for the show to shoot there tonight. He loved being on the show as it brought publicity to his bar that was once close to shutting down due to lack of patronage. Now he would have people from out of state make a special treat to go to the pub and meet Danny.

When her car arrived, crew came and got her mic'ed up so she could go and join her cast mates at the table. When she walked in, she sat down next to Brianna and they all greeted her. "Nice of you to join us," Joseph teased Geo as she got comfortable. "Be lucky I showed up," she smiled. "Well since we're all here, I just wanted to say I'm really thankful for all of you. We're all such different people but I think those differences are what bring us together". Joseph raised his glass and they all clinked them together and said, "Cheers".

Being pushed by producers to bring it up, Peter began talking about Josie. "We've been hanging out for a bit and she seems apologetic for everything. She wants the chance to prove that she's changed". Kennedy made eyes at Geo and she nodded back at her. "She's a nasty bitch!" Kennedy blurted. "I don't want her anywhere around me," she said. "I do think if you guys hear her out, you'll see she's a great person. Josie just wants to make it up to us".

Before the conversation could go any further, the phones of the cast and production started buzzing like crazy. They all pulled their phones out and looked at the notifications. The cameramen looked to see if they should keep filming and decided to get some producer reactions as well. Jeanette looked up from her phone and right at Geo. The cast members all looked at Geo who was now confused about what she and everyone was seeing.

"Geo, you got married?".