Chap 3 - Nick is a Prick and I Get Claimed

I jolted awake, suddenly aware of my surroundings. I was in my old room, it had worked. As I looked around, I noticed several things; first, the room was messier, as if someone else had been in here. Second, there were lots of things that didn't even belong to me. And last, but most definitely not least, there was another bed, with another person. I sighed, realizing that Nick and I must share a room.

'Perseus, I need you to know; as you are my son in this timeline, Nick will be taking your place as the roll of 'son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson', and will live your life. You are only adopted by Sally, so you can choose between Perseus Jackson-Chaos, or Perseus Nova-Chaos.' Dad's voice spoke in my head, bringing me back to reality.

I smiled and thought before answering, "I like Nova-Chaos better."

'Two more very important things, the Fates no longer have the power to control your life string, so you can make your own choices.. The other thing is, Riptide will now be known as Archi, and its' twin; Telos.'

How fitting, beginning and end. End of the gods, and the beginning of a new era. I took the swords out, and studied them. They were made from celestial bronze, mortal steel, some sort of gold, and diamonds. Odd choices.

'The gold is known as imperial gold, and it come from a roman demigod camp. As for the diamond, that is ethereal diamond, very rare, and only found on my home planet.'

I nodded in understanding, and once again hid the swords. And not a moment to soon, as in the next second the door swung open to reveal Sally Jackson. "Get up boys, it's almost time for school." She spoke, most likely in an effort to wake Nick without crossing the room. No need, I did it for her. I kicked Nick out of bed, and he yelped in response.

After recovering his senses, he cleared his throat. His voice still sounded garbled and tired, "Mom, Percy pushed me!"

"Stop bullying your brother." Through her terrible attempt to sound serious, you could see a small smile tugging at her lips. 

"He's not my brother. You should have let his father take him back to sea."

At my words, her face paled drastically. "How did you...?"

"I have my sources."  I walked out the door, having already been dressed. As I walked away, I could hear Nick questioning Sally, but she skillfully dodged them as she got him ready for school. We got there, eventually. 

When we did arrive, Grover was waiting at the door for Nick. I sneered at him as I passed, having not forgiven him for siding with Nick before. He had, evidently, only used me for earning his searchers licence. 

While riding the bus, I found that I apparently was quite popular, in contrast with Nick, who everyone avoided. My how tables turn. Girls flirted with me, but I of course didn't flirt back. I noticed Nick, looking at me with large amounts of envy. Just to spite him, I looked back and smirked. The ride felt like it was over too soon. 

When we got to the museum, we were lead inside by Mr. Brunner, or Chiron. Everything went as before, with Nancy talking and giggling with her friend while Mrs. Dodds took no notice. I listened politely to Chiron, but I was too busy watching Nick to pay too close attention. "Mr. Jackson, perhaps you could tell me what this picture represents?" Chiron said pointedly at Nick.

"Um, I don't know, sorry, Mr. Brunner." His voice was meek. Chiron's disapproving look made him wilt further. 

"Perhaps your brother might know. Well, Perseus?" Now, Chiron turned to me.

"That's Kronos. He's eating his children, the gods. But, Rhea hid baby Zeus, and deceived Kronos by giving him a rock instead. Later on Zeus returned, and trick Kronos into eating a foul mixture, and Kronos barfed the gods up as a result. Then, there was this huge war, which the gods won."