Chap 31 - Final Battle and New Olympians

~PERCY'S POV~

Today is the day, the final battle. The day the gods go down, once and for all. 

With nearly five thousand trained and ready soldiers, our army is one to be reckoned with.

I stood in the front, preparing the teleportation crystals for the large number of people about to go through. Zoë and Bianca stood beside me, while Thalia had gone with Artemis to check with the commanders. Within a few minutes, the final preparations were complete, and the army began to step through the hundred of large portals.

The warriors and I followed behind, making sure everyone got through. After everyone had made it to Olympus, the portals closed, leaving us standing in the pearly streets.

I looked around quickly, recognizing the location, and hurried to herd the army towards the throne room.

We arrived soon after, and stepped through the doors. 

As soon as they spotted us, the demigods formed a defensive position, while the gods only stared at us in surprise.

"Demigods! Lay down your weapons, and stand down. Our fight is not with you." Luke called into the room.

"What?" A Demeter child called, "Why would we do that? They're our parents!"

Luke rolled his eyes, "What kind of parent has their child fight at age ten? What kind of parent only watches from the sides when their child dies? When they give their life trying to prove themselves, only to be met with dismissal, and being discarded once they were no longer useful? That doesn't sound like a parent to me." 

The campers looked surprised, even guilty, as they looked at their feet nervously. One by one, the demigods crossed the room, until all that was left of the demigod army was a mere forty soldiers. In the front stood Nick, with Brad close behind him. 

Nick scowled, "We aren't afraid of you! Wow can we die when we have gods on our side? Answer, we can't."

The Olympians looked at Nick, clearly annoyed, but unfortunately didn't kill him.

I looked between Luke and the gods, and gave a nod. And then we charged, the demigods rushing to meet us. And as Luke had said, the gods only watched.

It took a pitiful amount of time to catch all of the demigods, and to send them back to Helix through portals.

Then we turned our sights to the Olympians.

As luck would have it, the gods were quite out of practice, and it took no longer than ten minutes to shackle them all.

"It's over. It's all over." Silena breathed. I nodded, taking deep breaths. 

A sudden bright flash appeared before us, revealing the fates, standing beside the Olympians who had sided with us.

Hestia greeted us with a warm smile, "Hello, heroes."

I grinned, "Hestia. What are you all doing here?"

She looked to the fates, before deciding to explain it herself. "As you know, you warriors are to receive the thrones of Olympus." She started, "Yet that would crowd the council, and we have a suggestion. The seven of us have decided to step down, allowing you to take our place."

My eyes widened, but I knew not to argue. They had already decided this was best. I knew Artemis would remain on the council, and that was fine with me.

Instead, I looked to the Fates.

"It is time to crown the new Olympians." Clotho said calmly.

With those words, the current thrones crumbled to dust. I looked around, confused, but looked back to the fates.

"Will Solace, god of the sun, music, medicine, poetry, and archery." They called in sync, signalling him forward.

As he stepped up, a new throne appeared, made of gold, with olive wood to form the shape.

This process repeated with every name that was called.

"Chris Rodriguez, god merchants and thieves, and the messenger of the gods."

"Travis and Connor Stoll, gods of mischief, pranking and thieves."

"Clarisse La Rue, goddess of war."

"Ethan Nakamura, god of revenge, retribution, and vengeful fate."

"Michael Yew, god of wisdom, handicrafts, and warfare."

"Lee Fletcher, god of nature and creatures."

"Castor Mov, god of wine and the fertility of nature."

"Charles Beckendorf, god of fire, smiths, metalwork, and craftsmen."

"Silena Beauregard, goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation."

"Nico Di Angelo, god of the underworld and dead, as well as riches and souls."

"Bianca Di Angelo, goddess of marriage, the dead, and the stars of the heavens."

"Zoë Nightshade, goddess of constellations."

"Thalia Grace, goddess of the sky, thunderstorms, lightning, air, winds, clouds, and weather."

"Luke Castellan, god of time, fate, justice, and the harvest."

Each took their seats, waiting for my name to be called.

"And finally, Perseus Nova Chaos, god of chaos, creation, the elements, fate, Earth, Tartarus, the heavens, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, creatures, and all liquids." 

"And as a final statement to the gods who have opposed Perseus' army, you shall be locked away to fade, and to watch as the new council prospers. And for the demigods, you shall be given the chance to live as normal demigods. If you resist, you shall face a similar treatment to your parents." The fates announced, bowing to us, and quickly flashing away.

One thing for sure, this is the start of a much, much better era.