Chap 4 - Revealing Myself to the Gods and Campers

You know, this makes me wonder. How are the olympians handling this?

~ON OLYMPUS~

The throne room was in chaos, gods running in panic. Seven gods were yelling about the new camper, while the other seven watched in mild amusement. Eventually, Zeus called for silence.

"Enough! We must kill the boy, he is much too powerful!"

"You will not lay a finger on him Zeus!" A voice said, startling them all. They turned, only to see a tall, imposing figure stepping out of a portal. He was dressed in a galaxy button-up, with black pants, and a black over coat and tie. He was also wearing galaxy shoes, which matched the galaxies in his eyes. His black hair was left ruffled and messy, as if hadn't brushed it. 

"L-lord Chaos! What has brought you to Olympus?" Zeus's small voice quite out of character. 

"Don't play innocent with me Zeus. You know exactly why I'm here, and you shall not harm my son!" Chaos' glare seemed to bore holes into Zeus's skull.

 "Lord Chaos, you've never had a demigod child, why now?" Athena asked curiously.

"I am sick of how you gods of Olympus treat your power! You sit leisurely on your thrones, using mortals as entertainment, whilst the world below you crumbles to ruin. You better clean up your act, gods, because my son shall be your judge, jury, and executioner. He shall decide whether you are truly worthy of being gods!" With one final distasteful look, Chaos disappeared.

~AT CAMP~

I approached the big house, and on the patio I could see Chiron playing pinochle with Uncle D, while Annabeth watched from the railing. 

"Hey, Uncle D! Good to see you again." I waved as I approached.

"Ah, Percy! Good to see you, you know, you're quite the talk on Olympus. Would you like to join us?" Uncle D replied smoothly.

"You know him, Dionysus?" Chiron asked curiously. 

"Yes, I'm quite fond of him, as are some of the other Olympians." Dionysus said, moving a seat for me.

While Chiron dealt the deck, I glanced over, and saw Annabeth watching me curiously. I ignored her, in order to play the game properly. After a few minutes, Nick and his sidekick finally decided to make an appearance, only to see me win.

"And I believe this one goes to me!" I said, triumph in my voice.

Uncle D sighed, already used to losing, while Chiron stared disbelievingly. His expression slowly morphed as he shook his head, and smiled.

"Good game." The remnants of disbelief still there. He then turned to look at Nick, and to explain mythology, and how it still existed. I took that as my cue to leave. I trudged back to the cabin, to ready things for the future occupants. I was going to announce my allies at dinner, then they were going to stay with me, in this cabin. 

 "What are you doing?" I had walked to the living room, only to ind Nick unpacking his things onto the couch. 

He glared in response to my question. "Moving into my cabin."

"Excuse me, but I don't see a glowing symbol above your head. Get back to the Hermes cabin." I snapped my fingers, and a blast of wind blew his stuff into his bag. I then pushed him out of the cabin, and as a parting response, "Maybe you should mind your own business, and only take things once you've earned them."I slammed the door, this time remembering to lock it. 

Several hours later, I was walking towards the arena, to check on some old friends. As I walked in, I could see Luke training, and slashing at straw dummies. "Hey, Luke."

"Percy..." He trailed off, looking nervous.

"I forgave you a long time ago." At this he looked quite relieved. "I assume you know of the plan?"

He nodded, "Yes, and don't worry about it. I already spoke to the rest, we're with you Perce."

"I'm going to reveal my friends at dinner, so be prepared. Can you tell the others for me?"

"You got it. See you later Perce." Luke said, already running out of the arena.

~TIME SKIP TO DINNER~

As I approached the pavilion, I began my search for a nice spot for our table. I finally settled for simply making a new pavilion.  I closed my eyes, and envisioned its' appearance, tall black marble, pillars carved with greek symbols, pale mist shrouding the pointed roof, and the large, circular table complete with seventeen chairs. When I peeled my eyes open, revealing the beautiful pavilion. I nodded in satisfaction, and strolled confidently to Chiron. 

"Excuse me, Chiron? Is it alright if I make a quick announcement?"

Chiron nodded, and said, "Campers! Perseus has an announcement to make!"

I grinned, and loudly enough for everyone to hear, said, "My Father has assigned me with the task of replacing the gods, with people more fit to rule." The gasps of the campers wrang out, but I pressed on, "I am to have help with this task, from already chosen allies, which I now shall announce. Luke, Clarisse, Ethan, Castor, Travis, Connor, Chris, Silena, Lee, Michael, and Beckendorf, please join me."

They smiled brightly as they crossed the grounds to join me at my table. A confused child of Athena called out, "Wait! But there are still empty chairs!"

"Those are for my allies that have not yet arrived. Anything else?" I took the silence covering the pavilions as a no. I took my seat, and dinner started. Through the meal, campers would point and stare, but we were far to distracted with our conversations to take notice.

The sound of Chiron's hooves pounding against the pavement signed the end of the meal. "Campers!" He called. "As today is Friday, there shall be the usual game of capture the flag!" At this, the was cheering. "Today's teams are-" He was cut off when I cleared my throat and stood.

"I hope it's not too much trouble, but how about for today it be the Chaos cabin against everyone else?" 

He nodded, considering my question. "Alright, then. Today's teams are the Chaos cabin vrs. the rest of the cabins!" Confused cheering filled the air. I could vaguely hear Annabeth saying how easy it would be to win, one cabin on twelve, though even she had doubts. Some of those twelve cabins were either empty, or almost empty. And she was right not to doubt us, as each of us was blessed with the power of Chaos, to enhance our abilities, and give us a few extra.

~TIME SKIP~

We now sat, sprawled on the couches of our cabin, trying to find a reasonable strategy. 

"How's this? Archers can hide in trees, and take out approaching enemies, and report any that get past them. Beckendorf, Connor, and Travis, you can set up traps to protect the perimeter. Castor can help, and he can grow additional defence. Clarisse, Ethan, Silena, and Chris will be offence. Luke will defend the flag, and if you need back up, summon some bots. Everyone good with that plan?" Nods of agreement came from everyone in response to my suggestion. 

The sound of the horn made us jump, but caused a smile to spread across my face. "Well, then. Why don't we go show the campers just how capable we are?" The grins on their faces were almost as scary as mine, as we readied our weapons, and walked out of the cabin.

I hope the camp is prepared, because we certainly won't wait.