Chap 24 - The Curse and Uncovered Plans

~ON HELIX~
~PERCY'S POV~

Currently, we were celebrating the beginning of the war that would bring us into the new era. The army of Helix were excited to celebrate anything, even a war.

I was busy dancing with Artemis when a sudden flash of purple blinded us. 

I smiled, "Wonderful to see you, Dionysus."

I expected the god to look cheerful, but I was greeted only with a grim expression. "Perseus, this is important. I need everyone to hear."

I nodded, and signaled to the DJ to lower the music volume. He did so, and everyone turned their attention to the worried wine god.

"There has just been a meeting, concerning what Zeus called the demigod deficit. He says the gods must impregnate as many mortals as possible, so they won't run out of demigods to fight for them. Even Zeus and Poseidon are participating." Dionysus announced, a slight anger to his words.

I glanced around the room, everyone had faces of either disgust or anger. Shaking my head, I mentally called for my Father.

He arrived, and I asked, "What shall we do? Any future demigods will be forced to serve the Olympians!"

His face turned thoughtful, "Yes, I can not do anything about the Olympians impregnating mortals. However, you can track the demigods, and offer them an alternative. Tell them the truth, and give them the option to fight for the gods, or to stay here, on Helix. Perhaps a few might join the army."

I nodded, as did the army. Chaos smiled, and signaled me to follow him. While the army turned back to dancing, I followed my Father to the courtyard.

We walked to the bank of a black river, and Chaos turned to look at me. "This," He gestured to the river, "Is the River Chaos. I think now is the best time for you to receive the Curse of Chaos."

I looked to the river, taking a deep breath and a step forward. Before I stepped into the murky water, Chaos called after me, "Remember your mortal point! Do not forget."

I nodded, I know I want to change my mortal point. I think that the bone behind my ear is safe, as I can summon my helmet any time. I took another deep breath, and plunged headfirst into the water. 

~TIME SKIP~

I now lay on the rivers bank, recovering from the excruciating pain of the river's water. It might have been painful, but now I felt as if I could take on Tartarus. Smiling, I sat up.

Chaos sat beside me, "There are a few things you must know about the curse. First, you won't die if your vulnerable point is stabbed, you will simply return to normal. Secondly, the only being capable of removing the curse is me. Lastly, you shall be immune to both natural and unnatural causes of death, such as sickness, or seeing a god's true form. Now, I must go. Remember, you have one month before the god's new children reach maturity, and you must go to find them." 

I nodded, and he turned to mist. Sighing, I stood, and began making my way back inside.

I wonder if the gods received my parting gift, and if Ash is doing his job.

~CAMP~
~THIRD PERSON POV~

A green eyed boy walked silently toward the Chaos cabin, quietly walking forward. He took a deep breath, and ran into the deserted cabin. He cautiously pushed open the door, and when nothing happened, he opened it fully. Not two seconds later, an arrow flew past, narrowly missing his face. 

He cursed. "Of course it's trapped, I need to be careful." He muttered to himself.

He wandered the halls for what felt like hours, but all he found was a rusty dagger and pouch of jewels. Shaking his head, he placed the dagger back in its' holster on the wall, before he froze, listening carefully.

He heard it again, a shuffling nearby, followed by a loud thump. The boy stealthily crept to the last, unopened, door, before he burst inside. 

Hee found a hooded figure kneeling over a small, black, box, before his head jerked up. He quickly set fire to the box, and jumped out of the nearest window. 

The green eyed boy rushed forward, and struggled to extinguish the fire. He bitterly looked from the window, watching the figure disappear. He sighed, picked up the box, and walked out of the cabin. He discovered a lock on the box, and paused, struggling to find a way to open it.

He was jolted back to reality when several Ares campers called his name, "Nick! Hey, over here! Look who we found escaping camp!"

Nick glanced to the hooded figure, the same one who'd lit fire to the box before, and turned his attention back to the box's lock. "Take him to the big house, I'll call the gods for a meeting."

~TIME SKIP~
~NICK'S POV~

I sat in the big house, with the gods' and demigods' attention focused on me.

"Why have you called us here, Son?" 

I straightened, "I found this man attempting to dispose of this box, which had been hidden in the Chaos cabin. I thought it might be important if he was attempting to get rid of it."

Zeus nodded, and looked to the figure, "Unmask him!" Dramatic. 

Several campers gasped. The man wasn't a man, but a robot.

"Who are you?" Hera demanded.

The robot tilted its head, "Ash." Its voice was mechanical, and definitely not human.

"You're a robot!" Ares exclaimed, clearly shocked.

Ash blinked, "I am aware."

"What were you doing with the box?" Athena questioned.

Ash turned his attention to her, "I do not answer to you, and have no inclination to answer the question."

Flint, a Hephaestus camper, sighed, "I can fix that."

Five minutes later, he sat back down, "That should do it."

"Why were you in the cabin, and what's in the box?" Athena tried again.

Ash went still, "I was sent to dispose of the box, I do not know what is inside. Percy didn't tell me."

I sighed, of course Percy's behind this.

"How do we open the box?" Athena asked, inspecting said box.

"The latch may only be opened by a divine being." Ash answered hesitantly.

Athena shrugged, and pulled at the latch. The box pulled open, spilling papers onto the table. 

"These are their battle plans." Ares said, inspecting one.

Zeus nodded, "If Perseus believes Ash has destroyed the box, that gives the upper hand. Now, go back to usual, and dispose of this robot."

With that, everyone dispersed, a few Ares campers hauling Ash away. I smiled slightly, Percy won't know what hit him.