Chap 14 - I'm Back With a Quest to Tartarus

~TIME SKIP - SEA OF MONSTERS~

Thalia and I had a wonderful time on Helix, exploring the city, meeting the citizens, and going on a few dates here and there. I even met the army, and learned I am to command them in the final battle. The very thought made my hair stand on edge.

Thalia got along wonderfully with my Father, and she loved the city itself. The city, nicknamed 'the city of golden stars', was a sprawling mass of houses, businesses, and other sources of entertainment. Every few feet, the building style changed, making it so you could find modern style houses next to ancient greek. Everyone was quite polite, and very welcoming. 

I also recently asked my Father about my Achilles curse, and he informed me that I could remove it, keep it, or upgrade it in the River Chaos. The River Chaos, named after my Father, is very similar to the River Styx, but much more painful. Though excruciating, the pay-off is high, as you are given invulnerability, keener senses, and higher strength and agility. 

Unfortunately, a year had now passed, and we must return to Earth. I loved to spend time with Thalia, but I was also quite excited to see all of our friends, Bianca, Artemis, even Annabeth. 

I sat in bed, pondering this, as I stared at Thalia's head laying on my chest. I brushed my hand through her silky black hair, causing her to stir.

I smiled at her sudden movement, "Morning, Sparky." 

She hummed in response, "Already? I feel like my brain went through a blender."

I laughed, but was cut short by the noise of the intercom. "May the prince and princess please report to Chaos' office. Thank you." I could hear the laugh in Seth's voice as he referred to us by our 'nicknames'.

I sighed, "Some day, hopefully soon, I'm gonna kill that idiot."

Thalia laughed as she dragged me from the bed, "We can kill him later. Right now, your Father wants to see us."

I nodded, pulling myself from the warm embrace of the pillows. We made ;ight conversation as we readied ourselves for the day, focusing on our friends back home, and other such topics.

We eventually neared the office doors, and I knocked. A faint "Come in." could be heard, so I pushed open the doors and entered.

It was a fairly large office, painted galaxy, with an accent wall coated in bookshelves. The desk was to the right, with a chair on either side. Upon the desk there lay a vase of white roses, as well as several books and papers. There was a fire place opposite the desk, surrounded by two couches, each big enough to fit two. Like the cabin at camp, everything was a shade of black, grey, purple, and in this case, brown. A few accents here and there were painted a beautiful galaxy.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. "You called, Father?" I called to my father. 

He looked up from his book, and his ace broke into a smile, "Perseus, Thalia! Yes, I wanted to inform you that summer is nearing, and it is nearly time to return to camp. The same basic things shall happen, but I don't want you on this quest, Perseus. Send one of the Chaos soldiers, maybe Clarisse, and instead you shall be given a quest by Hades. He needs you to venture to Tartarus to deal with a few monster problems he has been experiencing."

I nodded in understanding, and turned to Thalia, "Ready, Sparky?"

She grinned, "Ready as I'll ever be, kelp-head."

As we disappeared, Chaos called his parting words, "Good luck, Perseus! I'll be watching if you need anything!"

With a final fick of my wrist, we appeared at the hill's summit in Camp Half-Blood. In the distance, I could hear the horn sound, causing the campers to spill from their activities to run to the hill. At the front of our little welcoming committee, I could see Chiron, with Annabeth and Nick on either side of him.