Chap 6 - The Prophecy, Nick is Jealous and a Coward

VERY IMPORTANT:
 I am going to make Annabeth less romantically interested in Percy, as I think the idea of that for Annabeth is a little out of character. Annabeth only became romantically involved after YEARS of friendship, so instead, I made her curious about him. She more wants to be friends with him, to learn about things she might not know, like 'What kind of powers would a demigod son of Chaos have?' I will also change anything that makes it seem that Percy hates her, as well as any reasons for him to. 

Summary: Annabeth will not be romantically interested in Percy, though I might bring it in later in the story. Percy also will not hate her, and I will go back and edit a few things to have this make sense. Though, I'm considering if she is gonna join Chaos. If the only thing you like about this story is Annabeth being rejected, this is definitely not for you. 

~NICK'S POV~

Why must life be so unfair? I find out my dad is Poseidon, an all powerful god of the oceans and storms, but it's just ruined, because Percy's dad is the creator of the universe! I should be more powerful than that waste of space

Luckily, there's going to be a really important quest, and I'm going to lead it. This is my chance to prove how much better I am, and they'll make me the leader of camp for sure. Not to mention, once I prove how cool I am, that hot chick, Annabeth, will be begging me to date her. 

As of this moment, however, I'm walking to the big house with Grover, and James, son of Hecate, and legacy of Apollo. We became friends through a mutual hatred of Percy. Now he's like my cool sidekick. 

We approached the big house, and I could see Annabeth leaning against the rail, looking like an angel, Chiron trotting back and forth next to her, nervously. But the other person I saw made my blood boil with rage. Percy, the very person who humiliated me yesterday. 

"What is he doing here?" I said, anger clear in my voice. 

"My senses tell me shall be needed on this quest." Before I could remind him of how I didn't need help, Chiron continued, "Now, there isn't the time to ask more questions. Go seek council from the oracle."

~PERCY'S POV~

At Chiron's words, Nick's chest puffed, and he walked confidently inside. He seemed to think that Zeus specifically chose him, most likely for his skill. In reality, Zeus is just waiting for a chance to kill the boy he thinks stole his bolt. 

I spent the time waiting, and performing experimentations with combining my elemental powers. I could feel Annabeth's curious gaze on my back, but I skillfully ignored her, and instead focused on my experiments. 

How long should this be taking? Knowing the weak mindedness of Nick, he mostly likely fainted at the sight of the oracle. The thought made me laugh. 

When Nick finally did emerge, he was pale, and shaking like a leaf. Chiron trotted forward expectantly, "Well, child? The prophecy?"

Nick nodded shakily,
"The son of Chaos leads the trail,
with sea and wisdom on his tail, 
you shall head west and face the god who has turned,
you shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned,
you shall be betrayed by the one who calls you friend,
and fail to save what matters most, in the end."

The only sound that followed was James' fidgeting, which had started at the mention of the fifth line. Maybe he IS the traitor, I'll definitely need to look into that.

Chiron trotted nervously, "Well, the first line most likely refers to Perseus, so he must be one of the three on the quest. 'Sea and wisdom on his tail', Nick, as the only son of Poseidon, this must refer to you, and a child of Athena. As for a 'turned god in the west', the first thing that comes to mind is Lord Hades, as the location of the Underworld lies in the west. The fourth line says that you shall find and return the stolen bolt, and I am not sure about the possible outcomes of the fifth  and sixth. The only thing left is for you to choose the third member of your quest."