Chap 30 - Pre-battle

~PERCY'S POV~

I walked slowly to my father's office, not it any hurry. Within minutes, I arrived outside of his door, and I pushed it open.

"Ah, Perseus! What is the report of the infiltration?" My Father greeted.

"It went well, and we managed to destroy the armory. However, that's not why I'm here." I replied seriously.

He raised a brow, "Oh? Is that so?"

I nodded, "I suggest we launch an attack in the morning, in order to gauge their reaction time, and they have dealt with the situation. Considering the gods will most likely replace the weapons, we can test their strengths and weaknesses."

"Very well. You shall dispatch a small army of monsters to test them, though at the very least attempt to have the demigods stand down. I plan to attack Olympus a day after, and it would be a shame to spill the blood of innocents, when it was never their fight. Our business is with the Olympians, and you must remember this." He replied thoughtfully, but with a serious tone.

I stiffened, "Those who resist will be contained and judged, and I won't change my mind of this."

He nodded, "If you must, you have my permission."

I gave a short nod, and stepped from the room. Thinking things over, I began walking back my palace. 

I arrived shortly after, and entered the welcoming hall. Everything was dark, and most of the lights were off, draping everything in a curtain of shadow. Curiously, I wandered the halls, looking for anyone around. 

Ster what felt like hours, I spotted a light on, and approached the library. As I drew closer to the dimly lit room, I heard several voices speaking, and it sounded like they were eating. Smiling, I stepped toward the familiar voices.

"What a wonderful welcome." I called to the small couch by the fire, where four girls were eating cake.

Thalia spun to face me, surprise in her face. The others followed her gaze, and looked at me, smiling.

"Welcome home." Artemis replied calmly, "Would you like some?" She motioned to the cake, and I sighed, nodding.

I crossed the room to sit beside them, enjoying both the cake, and the feeling of being home with the four of them.

~TIME SKIP - NEXT MORNING~

I stood in the palace gardens, with Zoë and Thalia beside me. The three of us had to decided to get a breath of fresh air to calm our nerves, but I couldn't stop thinking of the upcoming war.

"Where are Draco and Lilith? They need to be here ny tomorrow." I worried.

Thalia glanced over from the roses she had been studying, "They mentioned their annual honeymoon, earlier. I'm sure they're fine." She paused, furrowing her brows, "You really need to calm down. We won't even be fighting 'till tomorrow."

I nodded, sighing. "I know. I just..."

In the next moment, Luke ran into the gardens, excitedly. "It's time! We need to go!" He called.

I turned to him, "Thank you, we'll be there shortly."

I walked to the edges of the gardens, the girls on either side of me. We soon arrived in the arena, where an army was waiting for our arrival.

I had no hesitation in giving the order, and the monsters wasted no time in shadow traveling to the camp, ready to begin the battle.

I smiled, and the three of us headed back to the palace to watch the battle. We rushed inside, setting up a projector, connected to the TV, turning the room into a cinema, where we could watch the ongoing battle.

~TIME SKIP - AFTER THE BATTLE~

I sat beside the rest of the warriors, thinking of any possible weaknesses to exploit. There were certainly plenty, but the campers also have a fair share of strengths.

Simply thinking it over, I knew we were going to win, especially if the gods continue their patterns of only staying to the side while their children fight for them.

To busy myself in the meantime, I went with the rest of the warriors to train the warriors. One thing for sure, tomorrow will be quite the easy fight.