Butterfly

"Jahseh can you unlock my window? It's hot ass fuck back here," I Said pressing the down button repeatedly.

"Oh shit my bad," he said as he pressed a button then returned his hand on the steering wheel.

"How long until we get there? I'm ready to get the fuck asap to my bed," Dio said as she emphasized the fuck and asap. I laughed at her outburst.

Currently, we were on our way home for the weekend. After 4 weeks straight of dealing with kids and being locked away from society, we get to go home. I was honestly excited to go home and sleep in my queen-sized bed and see my parents. Even though I would only get to enjoy their company for a short while I was nonetheless happy.

The camp was only 2 hours away from the city. We were about 10 minutes away from my apartment but you could tell everyone in the car was getting antsy.

Stokeley laid his head in my lap. He grabbed my hand and put it on his head to signal me to play with his dreads. I could sense him relaxing as I did so. He's been really needy lately but I honestly didn't mind.

We stopped at a red light and I noticed a blue butterfly land on Jahsehs hand since it was hanging out the window slightly. He turned and looked at the butterfly smiling a bit before It eventually flew away. The interaction made me smile a bit.

About 5 minutes had passed before Stokeley sat up and reached for the aux cord from Dio.

"Fuck no boy. Don't nobody want to listen to your loud ass music right now," Ski smacked his lips and snatched Dio's phone from her hands.

"Gimme my damn phone Ski!" Dio yelled turning around swinging at Stokeley. He grabbed her wrist and pushed it away from him.

"Hey can yall stop doing allat shit while I'm driving? Damn!" Jahseh said while smacking his lips. Meanwhile, I was laughing at the whole ordeal. These muhfuckers are pure comedy.

"Tell Ski to give me my damn phone back," Dio said crossing her arms annoyed.

"Damn why you want your phone back so bad? You got yo nudes in here or sum?" Ski said raising an eyebrow at her.

"That's none of your concern, you don't pay my phone bill now give me my shit," Dio said turning around with her hand up as if she was going to slap Stokeley.

"Ok chill here. If you gave me the aux in the first place we wouldn't be here in the first place," Stokeley said laughing and handing Dio back her phone as she snatched it away.

"Ok don't be snatching shit roach"

"What the fuck ever"

Stokeley connected his phone and went to Soundcloud. Soon after a beat started playing through the car speakers. It was the same beat from pretty boy swag by Soulja boy. I was getting ready to sing the lyrics but instead, I heard Stokeley's voice come through the speakers. I was confused but not mad. He was riding the beat and the song sounded honestly good. The rest of the ride consisted of Stokeley and Jahseh rapping their verses to the song.

Not too long after we arrived at my apartment and I was so relieved. Stokeley and I got out of Jahseh's car and he grabbed both of our suitcases out of the trunk. Stokeley was going to stay with me for the time being since I was going to take him to meet my parents tonight. He was iffy about going but after a day of convincing he finally gave in.

We made it into my apartment and I immediately landed on my couch. My body sunk into the couch and it felt heavenly. I watched Ski place the suitcases by the kitchen. He walked over to where I was and landed on top of me. The wind was literally knocked out of my body.