Cloudy

Three Weeks

Three Weeks.

Twenty-One days.

That's how long I've been away from Eudoria.

She's been avoiding me and keeping our contact at little to none. I miss her and my body aches for her. I don't know what came over me that night but I have no excuses. As much as I wanted that girl to stop I also didn't. I always ruin everything good for me. I let my thoughts get the best of me and I listen to them.

Jahseh has not only been trying to help me through my situation but also scolding me about my behavior and I don't blame him. I could barely even focus on anything but Eudoria. Any little thing reminded me of her. Whenever I would see a camper wearing white converse, Eudoria. Whenever It would rain and I wore my raincoat, Eudoria. Even when I would break down my weed down and smoke I would think about her.

"Stokeley Pokely can I go back to the cabin pwease? I left my swim twunks," I heard my five year-old camper ask me. I cringed at the name he called me. He must've heard Jahseh call me that which I hate cause it was mad sus. But I didn't correct the boy on it because he was just a child.

"Yeah but make sure you take a buddy," I said giving him the okay.

"Thanks Stokeley Pokely!" The boy said running off to the group.

I shook my head at the boy and turned around making my way towards my mom's office. I was annoyed and wanted to talk to her. As much as I hated to admit it I found my mother's advice to be enlightening. Especially when Jahseh wasn't around to give me advice. This was his off week so he went home and wouldn't be back until Sunday.

I walked into my mom's office without knocking and saw she was on the phone. She turned her attention towards me and put up a finger signaling to give her a second. I laid down on the couch and tossed the stress ball that was sitting on her desk. After a minute she hung up the phone and looked at me.

"Aren't you supposed to be with the children Stokeley?" my mom said raising an eyebrow at me.

"They'll be okay. There are three other counselors out there," I said shrugging her off.

"Well since your here I need you to cover for Jahseh at arts and crafts"

"Who was his co-counselor?" I said annoyed because I only prefer to work with a few counselors.

"Eudoria"

With those words, I sat up at the sound of my Eudoria's name. I scratched my slight beard that was growing in. I was unsure if I should do it.

"What's the problem I thought you two had something going on?" she said looking at me waiting for an answer.

"Who told you that?" I said look shocked she knew about me and Eudoria.

"Stokeley I'm not blind or was born yesterday," my mom said rolling her eyes.

"Well, we're not really on good terms right now. I fucked up," I said instantly getting sadden by my words.