Part 2

"Donate your coin for the war effort!" The townsmen shouted as they jiggled their cup full of coin around

"The war is coming! The elves are here to kill us all! Don't be a fool! Donate your coin!"

My head bobbed to the side, slipping off Geralts shoulder every now and again as sweat dripped down my forehead.

"Donate your coin, Witcher. I know you've got plenty." The dirty townsmen sneered as he shoved the cup in my brothers face.

"Geralt..." I gasped as new wave of pain washed over me as my body was trying to change.

"I need a mage. It's urgent!" Geralt demanded.

"Urgent you say? Spare a few coins and I'll tell you." The man cackled.

Geralt growled in frustration before reaching into his coin purse.

"300 hundred coin."

"300?!"

"That's what I said. No coin, no information."

"Here's your coin!" Geralt hit him in the temple with the coin purse, his body falling to the ground.

"You... really got... him Ger.. Geralt." I cheered my brother on faintly, my mouth was so dry I couldn't even spit out any saliva.

"Hang on y/n. Excuse me, Sir, do you know where a mage is? It's urgent."

"You'll find her at the-"

"That's enough, Quinn. Heard you were looking for mage." A woman spoke smoothly.

My eyes slowly opened when I heard a woman's voice, although I could barely make out her slim figure.

"I am. My sister needs help immediately."

Her head turned towards me, "Follow me. Quickly."

GERALTS POV

"Lay her down here." The mage told me as I carefully laid my sister down on the soft furs, my panic rising at how hot she felt.

"Go and get me those bottles of herbs over there and a bucket of water. I need towels too. Hurry!" She ordered as I rushed around the small house, gathering everything into my arms.

"Here." I set everything down on the table near her as she moved her hands around my sisters body.

"What happened to her?" The mage asked, her bushy eyebrows furrowing in concentration.

"Vampire."

"Nasty things." The raven haired woman grumbled.

I watched curiously and anxiously as she mixed the herbs into the water until it became a thick paste. She dunked the towel into the mixture she had just made before placing it over the bite mark on her neck.