Part 23

My mouth went dry as I released a shaky breath

My mouth went dry as I released a shaky breath. Did I hear her correctly? I pinched myself and winced, nope this was definitly real.

"Since we were kids I always liked you and then the next time I see you I'm treating your vampire wounds. Then I thought how perfect it would be to have you help me track down the golden dragon so that we could get to know each other again and be something more than just friends. I've never looked or felt the way I do with anyone other than you. You make me feel all these emotions within a span of five seconds and I hate it!"

"But you were with that guy at the inn, I don't understand."

Yen groaned loudly, "I don't like him! I just thought since all you wanted from me was sex, that I would try and like someone other than you but you're you! You occupy my mind all the time and it's rather annoying when I don't want to think about you."

"I don't want just sex from you, Yen." I shook my head as I approached the mage, "I've liked you since we were kids too."

"But in the bath you said-"

"I said that because I didn't think you liked me. I said that to try and convince myself that sex was all you wanted too. I don't know how to express my feelings any other way, but I swear I say more to you in five seconds than I do any other person." I placed my palm on her cheek and traced her plump lips with my thumbpad.

"You're an idiot, Y/n of Vengerberg." Yen chuckled softly.

"I know." I smiled, "So how good does this fertility potion work because I don't mind having to keep trying to have a baby." I teased as Yen laughed loudly and hit my chest.

"And here I thought your life was no good for a babies." She said softly.

"Well, I already have one on the way. Might as well break a few more of my rules and have one with the love of my life." I tucked a strand of ebony hair behind her ear.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Yen."

Her eyes darted down to my lips before both of us leaned in. This kiss was different than the past kisses we've shared. It was the birth of a new beginning for us and that made my heart leap and flutter in happiness. I was the first to break the kiss, a wet smack following after.

"When this war is over, we should go somewhere for a few weeks. Get to rekindle and start making a baby." I pecked her lips.

Yen hummed, "We have to survive first."

...

"I'd like to raise a toast!" Queen Cirilla yelled loudly to catch everyones attention in the dining hall. The cheers and laughter fell silent as we all looked towards our queen.

"A toast to this kingdom, may it survive this upcoming war! A toast to our Witcher Geralt, may her rest in piece and a toast to our Witcher y/n, thank you for sticking around and helping where you can. A toast to our mages, for hearing our call and coming to help. Lastly, a toast to Yennefer, for I see a powerful woman and no greater fit for y/n. May we feast like it is our last, and love like we have never loved before!"

The dining hall erupted in cheers as we raised our silver cups to the ceiling in toast, downing them as the silky wine slid down our throats. I winked at Yennefer before finishing off my cup, smiling at Ciri as she sat at the head of the table. I had to make sure that her and our baby were safe, as well as keep an eye on Yennefer. Yennefer had immense power, I was just scared to know what would happen if she used it so quickly. I didn't want to lose her.

"So what's the plan for the queen?" I asked the legate who decided to sit next to me.

The man sighed heavily and stroked his beard, "There's a hidden passageway in her room. Her and a few of our best guards, as well as her personal guard Magnus, will be in the room. From there we wait out the war and hope we prevail."

I gripped his shoulder, "We will, Legate. We will." I said confidently as I tried to ignore the sick feeling brewing in my stomach.

"I hope by the Gods you're right. Lets not dwell on that now. May we feast tonight and let our fate play out." The Legate smiled warmly at me

I smiled back at him although I'm sure it turned out to be more of a grimace. Excusing myself, I left the dining hall feeling a little woozy. Of course I blamed it on the wine, I probably had one cup too many. Although I knew that wasn't true. Wine had never made me feel like this and I only had three cups.

I sighed in relief when the cold night air hit my heated skin as I leaned over the balcony, hearing the distant cheer and laughter come from the dining hall.

"You feeling alright?" I felt a soft hand lay gently in between my shoulder blades, the warmth of it seeping through my black tunic.

"I feel like I've been a bad mother already." I confessed to Ciri as I looked out across the valley.

Ciri cooed softly as she patted my back, "I think you're going to be a great mother to our child, y/n. Our little boy or girl is going to grow up living an adventurous life that's for sure."

My lips curled back into a ghost of a smile as I thought about playing with my son or daughter, gifting them their first dagger and telling them the stories of my adventures with their uncle.

"We should think of names." I replied softly as I leaned back against the railing.

"If it's a boy we should name him Geralt." Ciri smiled as she placed her hand on her belly.

"My son will turn out prettier than Geralt that's for sure." I joked and Ciri snorted, hitting my arm softly.

"If it's a girl we should name her Lagertha."

Ciri nodded with a one of a kind of smile gracing her face as we watched the stars twinkle in the sky, enjoying the peaceful night because who knows when we'd get another one like this.

"I'm going to go back inside. I bid you goodnight and hope you feel better." Ciri kissed my cheek before disappearing back into the castle.

I released a deep breath through my nose, running my fingers through my hair as I enjoyed the scenery.

"Had enough of the feast already?" Yennefer kissed the back of my neck as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

I brought her hand up to my lips and kissed the back of her hand, "I'm not feeling very well. I can't help but feel something bad is going to happen."

"To whom?" Yennefer asked now standing next to me as her violet eyes swam with concern.

"To all of us." I replied gravley. "Never mind that, you look beautiful under the moonlight my love."

Yennefer ducked her head and I knew she was blushing.

"I remember when we made love under it." I chuckled at the memory.

"More like angry sex, but let's go with what you said." She laughed.

"How are you feeling? About all this."

Yen sighed, "We could die and yet I think I would die happy. I've lived a few life times already and none of them were complete unless they were with you."

I awed softly at how vulnerable Yen was being, the big bad sorceress showing her feelings and soft side.

"Of course I'm not leaving a legacy behind."

I pulled her into my chest as I hugged her, kissing her temple before leaning down to whisper in her ear, "Then why don't we go and work on that."