Part 13

YENNEFERS POV

YENNEFERS POV

I was in utter shock once I heard the news that Princess Cirilla was pregant with y/ns baby. I had lost my appetite as the guards shackled and dragged her away towards the dungeons as Queen Calanthe had a few guards escort her grandaughter to her room. When the shock had vanished, it was replaced with anger. How dare y/n judge my choices for wanting to become a mother when she herself was one now? She said so herself that our lives weren't meant for children and now it looks like her beloved was expecting.

And to think I might have actually started growing feelings for the Witcher. Ugh, they were all the same. They lived off monster contracts, coin, and a few maidens to fuck. Here I thought I was different, that y/n might actually like me back. I had a crush on her when we were children, it was hard not to when she was my only friend and treated me with respect despite me being differnt. But of course, Witchers weren't able to actually feel human emotions, the mutations they went through made sure of that. But maybe y/n was different because she was made during the blood moon. Clearly if she could impregnate princess's then she might be able to feel things like love.

Ew, love. Who am I kidding? I am a powerful sorceress that doesn't need a Witcher-or anybody- as a partner. I don't need anybody and I certainly don't need anybody needing me.

"Yennefer!"

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Geralt yelling my name. I blinked a few times.

"Queen Calanthe, please!" Geralt stood up from the table and began following the queen. I got up and followed him. "What my sister did was.. well, un called for. But the dungeons? There's a war coming and you need all the help you can get."

"I have more than enough men willing to die for this kingdom, Geralt of Rivia. Now, you can either fight alongside them or you and your sorceress can leave Cintra."

"I'm not leaving without my sister. Please, there's a bounty on our heads that I'd like to-"

"There's a bounty on your heads?" The queen tilted her head to the side and I heard Geralt let out a small 'fuck'.

"The elves, your majesty." A guard piped in, "Been a bounty on both wolves heads for weeks."

"Interesting." The queen stroked her chin, "I'm sorry Geralt but I'm keeping your sister locked up. She will be put on trial when this is all over and her fate will be decided, as will Cirillas."

"You'd have your grandaughter die?!" I gasped.

"Princess Cirilla made her choice when she was bedded by the Black Wolf. She chose the Witcher over the kingdom and now we know where her priorities lie. I'll just have to concieve another heir to the throne and raise them right this time."

"You're sick!" I spat.

"Maybe so. Now, make your choices or be thrown in the dungeon along with y/n."