Part 25

"There's more coming through the gates!" I told a guard as I pulled him out of the way from getting a sword in his throat, knocking the small axe from the elfs hands and shoving my blade into his gut

"Go and ready the oil!" I told him, pushing him towards the stairs. I grunted as I dropped down to one knee, feeling a gash in the back of my leg ooze blood. I stood up quickly, losing my balance as he plowed into me with his shield. The wind was knocked out of me as the big brute of an elf roared.

His neck snapped to the side quickly, making me blink in disbelief. When his body dropped, Yennefer stoof behind him with a smirk as she held out her hand for me to take.

"Thanks." I grunted as she pulled me up.

"How's the queen?" She asked, throwing a fire ball at an incoming elven warrior.

"Dead." I ducked under a sword, punching the elf in the groin making him double over as I plunged my sword into his spine.

"Is you child-"

"Jaskier as her. She gave birth early. They're at the valley of fog." I told her, swinging my sword down on another woman who held her sheild up to block my strike. Her sword lunged for me before her back arched forward and her spine cracked.

"You will not touch her!" Yen growled as she glared at the woman.

"There's so many of them." I panted looking around to see our army down to about half it's size.

"We have to keep fighting." Yen said licking her dry lips.

"I guess I'll see you on the other side." I smirked at the sorceress who nodded, leaning up and smashing our lips together.

Both of us ran off in seperate directions, fighting the elven warriors as we did so. I ran up the stairs, seeing the guards spilling all of the oil resources.

"We'll kill some of our men and woman in the process." The lengthy guard spoke gravely.

I nodded solemnly, "I know. Light it up."

The men nodded, each grabbing a log and dipping it into the fire pit before dropping it on the oil falls, the oil catching and everyhting was set on fire. By now our army was down to only a few men and there was about at least a hundred or so left in the elven army. They weren't going to retreat this time. It was either capture Cintra or die trying.

"Grab your bow and arrow and stay up here. Take them out from afar, the mages and I will do the rest." I commanded the guards.

I jumped over the stone wall and onto someones back, slicing their throat with my sword before rolling off, charging the rest of the men as the mages came to join me in battle. I felt a weight on my back as my body stumbled forward further into the soldier I was fighting, my block slipping and allowed them to drive their sword into my stomach.

I gagged out a river of blood, the metal taste tainting my tongue as it ran down my chin. I caught Yennefer out of the corner of my eye as I saw her running towards me, a gash going through her bushy eyebrow over her right eye, blood and dirt caking her face.

She grabbed a dagger from my belt and drove it in the mans neck who hung onto my back for dear life, trying to bring me down. I grunted as I fell down to my knees.

"Why do people have a knack for stabbing you." Yen tried to joke to lighten the situation but I could see the concern plastered on her face.

"I don't know!" I huffed, spitting out more blood.

"I have a plan, and you're going to hate me for it but it needs to be done." Yen said firmly.

"Yen, what are you- hmph!"

Yen attatched our lips together in a searing kiss as she threaded her fingers through my damp hair. I hated the ache in my heart as this kiss felt like a goodbye.

"I love you so much, y/n. You deserve to be with your daughter."

"Yen, what are you doing?!" I panicked as she backed away from me and began saying things in latin.

A portal opened up under me and I fell through, wheezing in pain as my body crashed into the blades of grass under me.

"Y/n!"

I heard Jaskiers voice as he ran towards me, "Thank god you're alive. Where's Yennefer?"

YENNEFERS POV

Once y/n was safely through the portal, I began chanting things in latin as I moved my hands around. I whimpered in pain when I felt a small blade enter my stomach, seeing the tip of it coated in my blood. The blade disappeared back through my stomach as I spat out the warm blood, turning around and throwing a ball of fire right at the womans face.

Looking down at my stomach, blood seeped through the material of my silver dress, becoming a sticky mess through my fingers.

I sucked in a harsh breath, wincing at how badly it had hurt before screaming loudly, a storm of fire flowing out of my finger tips as I burned each and every last one of the elves that dare think they could claim Cintra as theirs.