Part 5

The rain pelted down onto my thick black fur as I ran on all fours, nose up in the air as I could smell blood not too far away from my next victim

The rain pelted down onto my thick black fur as I ran on all fours, nose up in the air as I could smell blood not too far away from my next victim. The blood moon was shining brightly in the foggy midnight sky as my paws dug into the muddy ground.

Everything was black and white as I launched at a rabbit hiding in the bushes, his neck breaking in my jaw as I swallowed back the blood. Making quick work of my snack the scent of blood became more prominent the closer I got towards a cave entrance. Saliva dribbled down my jaw as I stalked into the cave slowly, ears perked up as I listened for any sound.

I heard a small rush of a waterfall in the cave as I saw a man, his ashen hair wet and was framing the sides of his face as his muscular back was turned to me. I noticed there was a bandage wrapped around his middle, a few blood stains soaking through the material where he must have been injured beforehand.

Making my presence known, I growled lowly. His posture became straight as he looked at me from over his shoulder. Even though my vision was exempt from color, I knew deep topaz cat like eyes were staring at me as he gripped his silver sword.

I lunged, leaping for his neck, getting knocked into the cave wall as he punched me. Shaking my head to rid the slight dizziness, both of us circled each other, the sharp point of his silver sword just waiting to rip me open.

He swung at me and I leapt to the side, biting into his forearm and hard, tasting the sweet metallic on my tongue.

The Witcher yelped in pain, grabbing onto my nose and prying my snout off as his blood drizzled down his arm and soaked into the dirt.

"Nows your chance!" He heaved, "Finish me off if you want to, beast!"

Just as I was about to lunge again, my body fell to the floor as I dug my nails into the soil, feeling the burning sensation erupt all over. My bones snapped and popped back into place as I shed my human skin. My gums throbbed as my canines soon became my human teeth as I lay on the soil naked, cuts oozing blood littering my body as a sheen of sweat made my skin shiny.

I looked up at the Witcher, my body trembling as he had a shocked expression on his face. I sat up slowly, not even caring that my scarred body was on display, I didn't have anything to hide.

"You're a witcher." He stated huskily, his eyes drifting down to the necklace dangling from my chest.

I nodded.

"And a werewolf?" His head titled to the side, some strands of white Grey hair falling into his eyes.

"The blood moon curse. The people who mutated us did mine the same day as the first ever blood moon." I explained.

The Witcher hummed in acknowledgement, "I'm Geralt of Rivia."

"Y/n of Vengerberg."